Minelab GPZ7000 Versus A GPX5000

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Hi all, Sorry if this video has been mentioned before.

Almost finished watching the Goldhounds from Central Northern Australia on there latest video comparing the 5000 and the new 7000 and thought some others might like to see it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzrHiYt4M3Y

Interesting stuff, This is the sort of test I wanted to see. Two guys going over a heap of targets they have marked out and then using both machines to see if theres a difference.

The guy on the video won't say too much against the zed as he feels it really will take a while to get used to the settings, but it looks like its not doing much better at picking targets than the 5000. (he keeps saying though it could be his fault as he's changing the settings constantly trying to understand the machine better)

Both guys did agree that the zed did not suffer from EMI as bad as the 5000 though.
Haven't quite finished watching it as its nearly 1 1/2 hours long but thought a few here might like to watch it.

Cheers Rick

Doctor said:
from what i see the 5000 is ahead :eek:
I see it different. These blokes have been using GPX4500 & 5000 for years. Their first trip with the GPZ it compares well & they keep reinforcing that they may not have it set up properly. It quite obviously handles both hot ground & EMI better.
Still it does show that GPX's aren't yesterday's technology just yet & will still be a great tool for years to come.

mbasko said:
Doctor said:
from what i see the 5000 is ahead :eek:
I see it different. These blokes have been using GPX4500 & 5000 for years. Their first trip with the GPZ it compares well & they keep reinforcing that they may not have it set up properly. It quite obviously handles both hot ground & EMI better.
Still it does show that GPX's aren't yesterday's technology just yet & will still be a great tool for years to come.

There was one obvious case in the middle somewhere, where the GPZ operator had been fiddling with settings and could hardly detect something that the GPX had picked up, then the GPZ operator changed the settings, and the find just romped its way in.

Early days for sure, clear that the GPZ is better on EMI and finding small stuff than the GPX, but the appropriate settings on the Z for the ground types still needs to be better understood. Seems like the Extra Deep gold mode is something to avoid using if you want to be able to pick up smaller stuff closer to the surface.

Rob.

Hi,

I would like to buy a good metal detector, first time to go prospecting. I would like to know if the 7000 is worth the extra money or not?

Hi mate, before you lay down your cash , have you considered other options, like getting a used 4500. Nothing wrong with buying a 45.
The 7000 is not the easiest machine to lug around all day, but if money is no option, buy a 7000

I've found more gold with a 2200 than a 5000
Just saying

try before you buy. large investment
the gpz is a wonderful machine but buying it as your first without knowing if you like the hobby!
rent one for a week and test drive not only the machine but lifestyle
then think about laying 10k down or 4 k or 5k
just saying it is a big investment and many buy thinking they are going to get rich quick

cheers hh

If you have the cash GPZ every day of the week. If you are new to detecting even more reason to get the Z over the GPX. Go hire a SDC for a week and give it a try just so you know what its all about. The GPZ is so very easy to use in default you cannot go wrong.

Hello all.

With all the information on the internet appearing to state a GPZ7000 is the superior detector to the GPX5000, I would love to hear the experiences of prospectors who have owned both. Do you really believe that the GPZ7000 outperforms the GPX5000, or is it just marketing? Ive read some less than positive stories in the early days of the Z being released that makes me question if it really is the pinnacle of detectors available.

I am considering a purchase of either for use in the GT, and the opinion of those far more experienced than me is very welcome here. 10k is a lot of money as far as Im concerned!

Thanks. :)

Latest posts