Anyone Use the Coiltek Goldstalker 18x12 Mono?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
If so how well does it work? I have one but have never taken it to the gold fields, mine has just been sitting in my coil pile for a couple yrs. I am wondering if the new Coiltek 14" mono Elite will be a better coil than my 18x12 Goldstalker.

Hi snip Zakman
Here if you look down the list I started a post about the 14 inch elite two days ago .
From all my research it would appear that we should wait for test results from the professionals before rushing in.
Mixed comments so far.
I just bought the nugget finder 14 inch
It's a very well proven product .

The ZakMan

I have a coiltek 18x12 to be honest I wish I had not bought it. It is extremely touch sensitive and falses all the time. I had to undue the coil nut, squash the air out of the coil. Do the coil nut tight again and then duct tape the entire coil so it doesn't move. It looks like an extra from silence of the lambs movie.
Upon saying this I also own a 14x9 blitz which I love, this does not false and is my go to coil. I cannot believe the two coils come from the same stable. Hopefully the new 14" is made the same as the blitz.

Zakman said:
Hi snip Zakman
Here if you look down the list I started a post about the 14 inch elite two days ago .
From all my research it would appear that we should wait for test results from the professionals before rushing in.
Mixed comments so far.
I just bought the nugget finder 14 inch
It's a very well proven product .

The ZakMan

The product has not been introduced yet so I am confused how anyone can
comment on it or how its received mixed comments?

So where are you getting your mixed comments about this coil if no one as
yet tested it?

'People have opinions' and thats all they are until you actaully see the product
in action or you test one yourself.

I don't care what I use or what label brand the coil or detector has. As an example
I do own the 14" NF and its a nice and quiet coil and an 8" detech which was tested
and compared to and happy with both.

Wolfau said:
The product has not been introduced yet so I am confused how anyone can comment on it or how its received mixed comments?
So where are you getting your mixed comments about this coil if no one as yet tested it?

Obviously Coiltek will have field-tested their prototypes as they refined the design of the new coil, so there will certainly be some people who already know a bit about it. Whether any well-informed people are commenting yet, remains to be seen.

grubstake said:
Wolfau said:
The product has not been introduced yet so I am confused how anyone can comment on it or how its received mixed comments?
So where are you getting your mixed comments about this coil if no one as yet tested it?

Obviously Coiltek will have field-tested their prototypes as they refined the design of the new coil, so there will certainly be some people who already know a bit about it. Whether any well-informed people are commenting yet, remains to be seen.

Zakman can clarify which mixed comments he was reffering to.

My reply was based on someone who has purchased and tested the new 14" Coiltek Mono
coil.

I knew about this coil last month and once it was introduced on the coiltek homepage I
created the following thread about the new coil which from there a number of threads
about it started.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=10885

Brumble-Gum said:
I have a coiltek 18x12 to be honest I wish I had not bought it. It is extremely touch sensitive and falses all the time. I had to undue the coil nut, squash the air out of the coil. Do the coil nut tight again and then duct tape the entire coil so it doesn't move. It looks like an extra from silence of the lambs movie.
Upon saying this I also own a 14x9 blitz which I love, this does not false and is my go to coil. I cannot believe the two coils come from the same stable. Hopefully the new 14" is made the same as the blitz.
Exactly why I'm cautious of any new Coiltek coil that hasn't been released yet. I had a 16" round mono goldstalker that was the same as your 18x12. To Coilteks defence they did replace it with a new one but I sold it brand new in box so never tried that one. Couldn't be bothered to be honest after wasting time with the first one.
Also had a 10x5 DD joey that ran great & was good for tight spots etc. People rave about their sensitivity but in my experience & opinion my Minelab 11" DD round coil was better in that regard. Still a good coil but not great. That is why I have said on the other thread better to try before buying in my opinion.
As far as Nugget Finder coils go - never had an issue with one myself so will & do recommend them without hesitation.
Wolfau the mixed comments are most likely based on past experience & now being cautious. Your right Wolf people have opinions & being an open forum we are all entitled to one. As far as Coiltek go I base my opinion on past experience - once bitten, twice shy & I will advise people to be cautious & once again to try it before buying it.
p.s the coil issues described above don't seem to be isolated although many are very happy with Coiltek products also.
Edit: mobile phone spelling :lol:

Hi Yes well Wolf always ask good questions.

But as Grubstake comments on my post IT says "Mixed comments" which mean some good comments and some not so good comments.

I am very fortunate to have developed a considerable number of in-forum (this and others forums) and in-field Gold and Relic hunters friends world wide.

One these friends was around when an in field-test was being conducted for this new Mono 14 inch Elite coli which is where the mixed comments started.

I also received a private PM from some very experienced hunters from these forum who tell me that the new coil will be a life changer.

And In addition, I have a very personal interested in any extra feed back about this new coil as I already have put my name down as a Pre Order Purchase but now I'm slowly having some doubts so the logical thing to do will be to wait for the release and see what other think.

Yes Mixed Comments
Regards the ZakMan

Zakman said:
Hi Yes well Wolf always ask good questions.

But as Grubstake comments on my post IT says "Mixed comments" which mean some good comments and some not so good comments.

I am very fortunate to have developed a considerable number of in-forum (this and others forums) and in-field Gold and Relic hunters friends world wide.

One these friends was around when an in field-test was being conducted for this new Mono 14 inch Elite coli which is where the mixed comments started.

I also received a private PM from some very experienced hunters from these forum who tell me that the new coil will be a life changer.

And In addition, I have a very personal interested in any extra feed back about this new coil as I already have put my name down as a Pre Order Purchase but now I'm slowly having some doubts so the logical thing to do will be to wait for the release and see what other think.

Yes Mixed Comments
Regards the ZakMan

No worries Zakman.

We will go out for a detecting session once your back in Vic and I purchase a GPX ;) if you like.

I initially posted the link below on the 7th of March about the coil in which you replied to but you
made no mention of knowing anything about the coil and you asked for an update and when testing
was complete. From those comments I thought you knew nothing about the coil hence when I saw
the mixed comments here I raised the question.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=10885

I am told the coil weighs around an extra 200 grams to the previous 14" coil which
could be the extra litz wire used but not sure. I wonder though if it weighs around the same as
my 14" DD Elite coil.

I recently sold my 18x12 coiltek mono, am waiting for dealers here in the states to start selling this new 14" mono Elite. None to be had so far???

Latest posts