Tesoro Cazador

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wondering whether they will resist the urge to put a screen on it, or keep it as a beep and dig machine?

It sounds like it will be a winner if it is along the lines as The Duck reports . That would mean that it has something new and different from the current features and technology of the existing range. I hope it won't be a - Matador-, no Bull ! ;)

the duck said:
i think the cortes and deleon have covered the screen models i use the cortes not as much as i should but its 90 percent spot on for depth and what the target is

The Compadre is a winner without a screen and cheap too, so where to from there ? it is a benchmark IMHO.
the K.I.S.S. method - solution, is often the best format. a multi frequency idea is probably a worthy consideration. a cx 3030 concept is not the answer either. simple is better. ;)

Probably the biggest downfall of the tesoro coin machines, is the inability to work beach wet sand - other than moving to their PI detectors. If you could get a Vaquero that could balance all the way to salt, I would be keen to own one. They also need a coin/jewellery detector that has auto ground tracking ability, other than the Lobo, so maybe thinking something to rival the MXT Pro and x-terra 705, and possibly the Goldbug Pro.

Although Tesoro have relied on the "KISS" principle for many years, and have had a dedicated and loyal fan base because of that reason, you do have to move with the times and technology to keep ahead in today's cut throat detector market. I'm sure they will retain the favourites in their range for those who want to stick with a more basic machine, but it is about time they produce something completely different rather than rehashing older models with added features.

Their last release being the Outlaw, didn't exactly set the detecting world on fire, you often see these up for sale cheaper than a used Vaquero which says something. :|

That's is why a multi frequency model would be a possible solution IMO. The Tiger Shark seems to be a versatile detector but the price is right up there at over $1k. Tesoro need something similar to the ATpto concept . they seem to concentrate on a niche' market and a type of quirkiness in their designs.
all brands recent releases haven't set the world on fire. When you consider the advances in technology in several areas, computers, I. phones etc, detectors seem
to lag far behind. I call it controlled Obselesence. MInelabs multi frequency design came out about 1990 and is still the basis of their better vlfs. well, here's hoping. ;)

Goldpick said:
Probably the biggest downfall of the tesoro coin machines, is the inability to work beach wet sand - other than moving to their PI detectors. If you could get a Vaquero that could balance all the way to salt, I would be keen to own one. They also need a coin/jewellery detector that has auto ground tracking ability, other than the Lobo, so maybe thinking something to rival the MXT Pro and x-terra 705, and possibly the Goldbug Pro.

Although Tesoro have relied on the "KISS" principle for many years, and have had a dedicated and loyal fan base because of that reason, you do have to move with the times and technology to keep ahead in today's cut throat detector market. I'm sure they will retain the favourites in their range for those who want to stick with a more basic machine, but it is about time they produce something completely different rather than rehashing older models with added features.

Their last release being the Outlaw, didn't exactly set the detecting world on fire, you often see these up for sale cheaper than a used Vaquero which says something. :|

Some very good points. I quite like Tesoro for what they are. Probably one of the few manufacturers left sticking to knobs and switches type detectors. (Minelab still has the Eureka Gold and Excalibur, and Whites still have GMT, TDI and MXT.)

I think Tesoro have some good technology/features at their fingertips, i.e.: auto tracking in the Lobo ST, TID screens on the Cortez and Deleon, multi tone on the Golden, PI on the Sandshark, waterproof units in the Sand and Tiger Shark, dual disc on the Tejon etc etc. I just think they need to start combining some of the features into more feature packed machines. Like goldpick said, a waterproof Vaquero that worked on the salt - that could be a great discriminating jewellery machine! They could also do a lot with a gold machine. Maybe combining the PI of the sand shark with some Auto Tracking would be a good start. Anyway, they may be doing some of these suggestions already with the Cazador, who knows?

And a gold detector that wasn't older than some of the people on this forum :D I reckon if they could have put some of those things together they would have by now, theyre old enough :D

Latest posts