Minelab GPZ7000 information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marty said:
Question for Nenad

I have the X=change for the CTX3030 I have sent off a question to ML more than a week ago and nothing come back as yet

My question is since I already have the x-change software installed with various programs of mine , if I now install the up=dated X-change software will it keep or wipe my loaded programs that I have saved for the 3030

Cheers Marty

pretty sure your data is stored in "mldata & proxy.log"
I would backup the whole folder just in case.

Ok saved the folder and did the install , it automatically saved and added the CTX files to the up-graded x change

Correction it didnt save them not to worry I have them saved

Cheers Marty

Yeah it is. Mind you if the extra weight is coming in the form of gold it's no issue. I can see a bunch of people with plenty of spare cash having bought up new GPZ's are working out it takes more than just the latest detector to find gold. Perhaps the marketing hype got to a few people too..

nuggetino said:
Yeah it is. Mind you if the extra weight is coming in the form of gold it's no issue. I can see a bunch of people with plenty of spare cash having bought up new GPZ's are working out it takes more than just the latest detector to find gold. Perhaps the marketing hype got to a few people too..

I think if you're a newbie it's easy to get caught up in the hype, most newbies want to maximise chances of getting Gold. Though a few trips bush and the reality that Gold is rare and hard to find will sort the people keen to learn the hobby from the get rich quick dreamers.

There is no doubt the GPZ finds Gold and is an excellent detector, you just need to be in the right place.

Reeks said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5x0LFrjExn8

Would like to hear peoples thoughts on this video.
I don't have the experience to comment accurately, although i would have thought the gpx would produce a stronger signal on this occasion.

That was right on the 5k's limit of detection Reeko, still either machines signal would have pulled me up to dig and inspect, the 5k signal was soft but still a discrete signal sweeping each way and quite repeatable. The GPZ was definitely a way more pronounced signal you could not miss.

Big Nugget said:
thanks for sharing your settings.

heres the settings I used on a hot ironstone lead in deep mode with a slight warble, I found it was still quite easy to distinguish the deep targets.

surprisingly still getting the small stuff which was mostly 1 - 2 feet deep.

Wow amazing....... small stuff at 1 - 2 feet deep..... so what size was the small stuff that you getting at those depths with your 7000.

Thanks for a reply,

washgravel

2.4 grammer found today, at a farm area that I have hammered with the 5000 with coils up to 20 inch round mono. 10 inches deep. Difficult ground type, general, gain at 15, no audio smoothing.

Also found another 2 little bits for a total of 0.6 grams.

It is clear from the 20 hours I've had on it so far, that it will find the little bits deeper than ever before, but I think it is constrained by the 13x14 coil.

So far this machine is definitely not living up to the hype, but only time will tell how good it really is ??

Rick

[video=480,360]http://youtu.be/klWcevST8r0[/video]

That's one hell of a hole Rick...I reckon the hype about this detector making people dig some huge holes is spot on. great find there.....good to see the GPZ in action

Looks like a meteorite has hit the earth in a couple of those shots. I must say I am impressed by the video and the apparent clarity of the target audio :cool:

I have seen a few videos now and am keen to get some views on how well this machine pinpoints the target?

Thanks for the report, keep it up.

Don't shoot the messenger on this post - just reporting what has been on another forum. I think some of us can guess the test-pit so I have no doubt it's a very good pit. Also, I have also been told of this testing by some other people who highlighted the 1.56% improvement, which supports some other comments that the zed (7000) is marginally better. I guess we will all have to make up our own minds. I might add, this chart/report has caused a lot of chat.

"Day 1 tests on a 10 year+ established test bed (eroded gully with PVC pipes inserted in wall - typical Vic goldfields) 10 - 30 inches - gold nugget test targets
Day 2 swinging on a flattened lead with good variety of targets remaining."

1425379338_capture.png

PhaseTech said:
JayMowgrass said:
Wolfau and mbasko thanks for your replies and info. I guess you gotta put time in the machine and really get to know it.

Now that i think about it, i was running my GPZ as sensitive as i though was "acceptable", but come to think about it, it was a little noisy in the hot ground and perhaps i could have backed it off.

So here is my question:

Is it better to have the detector running a lower sensitivity giving a constant, smooth threshold in order to hear any faint deviation, or is it better to UP the sensitivity in order to pick up smaller or deeper targets sacrificing that smooth threshold? I hope that made sense.

Jordan.

Not too quiet, and not too noisy. I have found that running it on the edge of being chatty gives best results.
I'm nearly always in Low Smoothing and adjust accordingly. If I'm in milder ground, but have high EMI, then you can use the High Smoothing to filter out the EMI, and then crank your Sensitivity to compensate. It's all about matching the conditions.

I agree to some point with what you say here, But why when I have run machines this way I have found less Targets IE running at the MAX 10 and its chatty, Running at 8,5 and its smooth So when I dropped it down to 7.5 and the Targets Start Coming thick and Fast, But As you can run the GPX on the Edge, Maybe you have to run the GPZ a little lower So you can give the Machine time to Process the Signals, Because It seems Like the Machine is Being Blinded by the Excess of Power, Ground Noise and that is Masking the Signals.

Maybe One Of You Guys could do a test First running Hot and then Running it A more Normal Level on the Same marked out Patch and post the Results,

It just seems Crazy that the Results People are getting are the reverse of what Minelab Claim, and I just think that this machine is over sensitive and Likes To be Run at Normal Levels So it can find those Deeper and smaller Targets, And I have seen it done with other Machines So why Not this One???

Thanks Again,, John

loamer said:
Don't shoot the messenger on this post - just reporting what has been on another forum. I think some of us can guess the test-pit so I have no doubt it's a very good pit. Also, I have also been told of this testing by some other people who highlighted the 1.56% improvement, which supports some other comments that the zed (7000) is marginally better. I guess we will all have to make up our own minds. I might add, this chart/report has caused a lot of chat.

"Day 1 tests on a 10 year+ established test bed (eroded gully with PVC pipes inserted in wall - typical Vic goldfields) 10 - 30 inches - gold nugget test targets
Day 2 swinging on a flattened lead with good variety of targets remaining."

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/981/1425379338_capture.png
That chart poses just as many questions as it seemingly answers.
Who are these experienced prospectors & why no names to it? What conditions, where? Why was difficult/general used on the GPZ instead of High Yield/Difficult (more comparable to fine gold)? How long had been spent becoming familiar with the GPZ?
I note theres a few people now saying they are slowly coming to grips with the GPZ & its not as "simple" as the simplified controls would have you think.
I'm still sitting on the fence but the optimist in me is saying the GPZ will win out & win us over eventually?

Guys at my pmav had this machine out all last week did find nothing went back to gpx 5000 and found 3 grm nugget. Are ppl happy with this machine.

lucky streak said:
Guys at my pmav had this machine out all last week did find nothing went back to gpx 5000 and found 3 grm nugget. Are ppl happy with this machine.

I see that could be A worry, Hopefully maybe they might of missed that spot with the coil of the 7000, But still it does make you stop and think, (What If)??

After all the Hype I hope it can be put down to user error being new Technology and not the machine that way everything can be corrected,

John

Latest posts