Swap BSA Bantam for SDC2300

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MJB

matt
Reaction score
G'day,

Since my gold account is embarrasingly small and I seriously need to do something about it I have decided one toy needs to go so I can get another.

I would like to swap my 1952 BSA D1 Bantam for a new or near enough new SDC2300.
1425008562_photo-0200.jpg

I am looking for a straight swap

Anyone interested can PM me for more details on the little green machine. I know this is a long shot but you never know.

Cheers

nice bike...
sorry no $$$ or SDC to swap for it (or garage space for that matter)
good luck with the swap and the search :)

Isn't the whole point of the compact SDC to take with you on the bike? Did you built it yourself? If so keep it dude don't swap it for anything dam you will miss it if you do...

Zuke_Lynzy said:
Isn't the whole point of the compact SDC to take with you on the bike? Did you built it yourself? If so keep it dude don't swap it for anything dam you will miss it if you do...

I know it will be missed. I rebuilt the bike from literally buckets of bits, has many new parts and motor completely rebuilt. Problem is I have few bikes now and all the others are a bit more practical than the little Bantam. Point is I will get more use from an SDC....maybe

Reactions: dwt
$3500...

why....?? ;)

Will post some better pics when I get a spare minute

Nice Bike good luck with the exchange and hope it all works out for you..

Edit Reason - To keep things on topic..

sometimes its hard to sell an item as someone may want it but not have the money where as they may have something there willing to trade for it straight out

Seen a black and Gold D1 once.
Nice.
Would love a Velocette 600 like my Dad's.
Good luck mate. The bike is worth more than the detector.

3500 seems to be the price for a restored d1 these days ,, I think its a fair swap ,,

Thanks fellas,

If you work out all the time and effort put into a ground up resto it would turn a $1000 bike into a $10 000 bike or more. If you have a look around Bantams can go for anything up to $5000. They were a dime a dozen in their day...sort of like the postie bike today. What makes them collectable is the fact that older fellas remember having them as young blokes and want to relive their youth. I'm 36 so I can't really say I'm reliving my youth just yet. :D

$3500 is a cheap price but realistic at the same time, and yes, I have a workshop manual for it too.

If I had the dough for an SDC I would just buy one but alas, 'no funds' says the wife so getting rid of a toy is the only option.

Having said that, as per DWT's advice if any ones got a GPZ laying around I will swap it for that too :D :D

Cheers,

MJB said:
Thanks fellas,

If you work out all the time and effort put into a ground up resto it would turn a $1000 bike into a $10 000 bike or more,
Exactly, very difficult to recover the man hours put in to restoring that bike, hopefully a collector with similar passions will go above and beyond your asking price to put it in his shed, if I had the coin I'd buy it, nothing better than an ole girl chugging away while the wind rushes through my long grey whiskery chops!!! :lol:

Reactions: MJB
I think follow your heart,, you only live once.. I restore bikes and every one is a small piece of me.. But you have to do the things you love before you get too old and your health ruins the day.. You may never regain the value of the bike but you will have a lot of fun with the new toy.... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts