XP Deus information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey all was hoping to get some feedback from anyone who has this machine , I've been reading quite a bit about what this tector is capable of and I'm thinking about purchasing one , cheers for any info.

The deus is awesome. It is super light.
It is one very fast machine recovery wise.
It comes standard with an 9" coil and you
Can buy it with or without the remote.
The remote is like the size of a phone.

The deus platform has been around for a
While now and can be upgraded via software.

The xp has a reactivity setting. Switch on
And the machine has the capability to pull
Out goodies that sit right next to small bits
Of iron.

The deus also has a screen similiar the v3i
With iron on the left and goodies appear on
The right.

Prospecting wise i have not really used it but
It has something like a hot rock reject feature.

When you buy one with the remote if you buy
Another upper shaft and another coil you end
Up having a 2nd deus because one user can
Use the headphone adapter and the other can
Use the remote.

There are several headphones available as well.

Once i mentally feel better i will be testing 2
Headphones i currently own for the machine.

Hope this helps.

Cheers for the info wolfau , have you tried it on the beach on wet sand or even waist deep in the drink.

Mac urban said:
Cheers for the info wolfau , have you tried it on the beach on wet sand or even waist deep in the drink.

Not yet. There are a few videos though on Youtube of a few guys using one on wet sand.

Cool I'll check em out I came across one clip where a bloke hooked up some antenna thingy to use it scuba diving , the more info I get the more I want one now I need to find where to get one near the Melbourne area.

Mac urban said:
Cool I'll check em out I came across one clip where a bloke hooked up some antenna thingy to use it scuba diving , the more info I get the more I want one now I need to find where to get one near the Melbourne area.

Not sure if you can use it for scuba diving unless you place the controller in a water tight
container. You need to test this out but for shallow water work it should work fine.

XP make awesome detectors that are super light, awesome fast recovery speeds and
they do work. If you need to detect deep just turn down the reactivity setting.

The awesome part about most XP Detector models is that they have an iron volume.
What an awesome feature to have. Turn your iron volume up or down to suit your
needs and listen to the good tone coming through.

There are comparisons on youtube between the XP and other high end detectors that
were launched after the XP was released.

I look forward in testing the Deus in an old Ghost Town and will be interesting to see
what pops out.

Good luck with what you decide.

Yep u can go scuba diving with it found a few vids on u tube and good luck when u hit that ghost town it'll be interesting to see how u go and how well the deus works .cheers mc

Has anyone used the XP Deus in the Goldfields here in WA. Would like to hear from someone that has and if they had any success with finding any gold. I have one myself, it's a great machine, works reallly well on the beach. Have beach detected with it a fair bit, found coins up to 2ft down as well as the usual junk. Have tried it in Goldfields myself, no gold yet, but am still playing with settings of Goldfields programme, or trying to develop my own. Would anyone on here with one of these be interested in sharing setting and programming ideas ?? Have found a video of XP deus finding a nugget in WA goldfields , here's link

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uvLcrwBAWnM

Enjoy
Goldie :)

Gday goldie have you used the deus on wet sand and even in the water even only up to ya knees ? I'm just getting as much un biased info as I think this tecta will be my next purchase. Cheers.

I have used at beach in dry and wet sand in both settings, works great. Haven't tried it in water yet, haven't tried as found plenty on beach, found loads of coins with it, no gold jewellery as yet, oh and lots of junk. Still working on Goldfields programme as I said, need to get out there to test it. Hopeful of success, time will tell. One of the best features is the weight of it,there is no drag on your arm and shoulder at all. I am very happy with my detector.
Goldie

Goldiewa said:
Has anyone used the XP Deus in the Goldfields here in WA. Would like to hear from someone that has and if they had any success with finding any gold. I have one myself, it's a great machine, works reallly well on the beach. Have beach detected with it a fair bit, found coins up to 2ft down as well as the usual junk. Have tried it in Goldfields myself, no gold yet, but am still playing with settings of Goldfields programme, or trying to develop my own. Would anyone on here with one of these be interested in sharing setting and programming ideas ?? Have found a video of XP deus finding a nugget in WA goldfields , here's link

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uvLcrwBAWnM

Enjoy

She is a beauty is'nt she.

I wonder what Alain and his awesome team in France have in store for us.

Hey Wolfau,
Yeah totally agree with you, have you tried the XP out in the Goldfields yet? Hopefully some other members have and can comment on how it went. What ghost towns do you detect in, and are they here in WA, what programme do you use, Deus fast maybe? There's a great website that lists all the Ghosttowns for Wa, have you come across it, can give you the link if you haven't. Some really interesting reading on there. Can't wait to get out there myself and have a detect and see how it goes.

I tried it in the goldfields for a brief moment.

Have to test it properly and see how the notch feature
Works.

Deus fast is awesome. Its a great machine.

I am in vic. Not a lot of ghost towns up
This way though there is the odd place here
And there.

Hey,

I haven't logged in for a while. The deus is my first serious machine (as in worth more than $500) and I love it.
You can swing it all day without wearing your arm out and as many people have said it is a great coin and relic machine. That being said, I found my first 2.5g nugget with the deus at about 15cm depth outside of ballarat.

I'm not a die hard so this thing is perfect for me. Also, I do a lot of beach work and it is amazing. You do wonder if it is working sometimes though as it is really quiet in trashy ground.

Latest posts