Go to Oallen Ford via freeway (from Sydney) is blocked or not?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, I've read another post about some owners of private property blocked part of Oallen ford road. If thats the case if Im still be able access from Freeway (north of Shoal Haven river) ?

Thanks

Yes the road is unaffected

I usually go down M5 > highway 31 > turn left up Boxers Creek Rd before Marulan then follow windellama road to oallen , but that's the chick inside my tomtom telling me where to go.

Which parts of oallen forde did you try ?

It's changed significantly since the flood 3 weeks ago but you could just about get colour from any spot you try . Some better than others tho'

The closed off property concerned is their own farm land ,they have just put up new fences after mongrels kept cutting the fence , some of the fences are made of 30 mm wire cable now . Lol

I normally go to the place where the bridge (oallen ford) meets the creek. This time I may try other places in that area especially I dont have a 4WD so limits the place I can go. Thinking go to there tomorrow (or Tuena)

malau said:
I normally go to the place where the bridge (oallen ford) meets the creek. This time I may try other places in that area especially I dont have a 4WD so limits the place I can go. Thinking go to there tomorrow (or Tuena)

That's no creek Malau :eek: That is the Mighty Shoalhaven River :)

There was a track turnoff about half a k on the Nerriga side of the bridge that took you through private property upstream of the crossing.
It was a great place to go and find some gold.
My last trip through this road showed old wrecked cvans, tyres, and rubbish everywhere.
Now this road is locked by a gate. Most prospectors do the right thing,
Most dirt bike riders don't...............

Hi goingmad008

Oallen ford is a great place to start the learning curve. It is pretty easy to find the yellow stuff there especially on the down stream side of the bridge. At the moment the new bridge in under construction and the down stream side os closed off which makes it hard to drive onto. If you wanted to though, you could park up in the camping area and walk down. It is not too far. You can also have a look around the up stream side which can produce some colour if you can find a spot that hasn't been smashed.

It appears that the area downstream of the bridge is going to be blocked off permanently.
From what I hear, The locals are waging a campaign against this as it keeps the idiots of their land.
I don't blame them at all.