GPZ7000 release, questions and information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i doubt it, firstly do you need to create an account to use the maps in your GPZ? if so i would create a gmail account specific to that device that is not associated with facebook and such.

despite fear about people hacking wireless routers most routers will identify a brute force attack and shut down your wireless. some of you may have experienced this without knowing.

I personally would have no issue logging my finds but i don't find big enough gold to worry about it and most of the blokes i know who detect for a living they log every piece and keep a record live so tey can view it anywhere form any device. I know it certainly helps to map pay streaks when you work over ground thoroughly

Hi Simmo,went for my first bash with the 7000 today accompanied with BIGRED.Went down to a sandy beach on the Nepean river and found these in an hour on what ever the default settings are on the unit.The gold chain has numbering 9999.
1425021300_image.jpg

Simmo said:
Hey Dunny,
Glad you have it sorted..

Could you please post your finds, as a first time user of any detector.................

This is the sort of info that experianced users are after....

Mate, I would love to jump on board with your minute by minute blog, on how YOU go with your new 7000,.........................

I am looking forward to myour reports.

Hey Simmo. Going down the south coast this weekend to visit some relatives and planning to try my luck on the local beach, I will post my finds. May have the opportunity to spend a day at the upper shoalhaven with a local that has some limited knowledge.

I recently purchased a gpz 7000, it's my first decent detector after being given a 30 year old unit.
I have been trying to find ground on the south coast of NSW unsuccessfully, and was hoping for some advice.
I recently went on a course out west and my girlfriend managed to find three small nuggets to a total of half a gram. We were obviously over the moon with the achievement and were hoping to improve our results a little closer to home. If anyone could offer advice, direction or was looking for a detecting buddy I would be very grateful.

The 7000 is a great machine. I have a 7000 and while I cant offer advice on the area, I will say:

Dig every target, swing slow and steady and listen for subtle changes in tone that indicate deep targets.

Get some gold maps of your area and study them. You can get them either through your local detector store or online. Research is definitely the key.

It may take a while to get your first nugget but, with the 7000, if you walk over it you will find it.

with over ten years using a 5000 I have taken the plunge and bought myself a new 7000.

a different beast to be sure, but I spent a day out in the field playing with it and did pick up some small buried lead shot quite easily that to me indicates it's working.

a question for the experts. can you program a favorite setting or settings into the thing?

are there any settings that are generally favoured for use in Victoria?

You have to find your settings and it is helpfull, that these are not lost when you turn of the detector - but at startup you should run "Quick Start" to "Noise Cancel" - but between "Quick start" and "Noise Cancel" you can also choose to keep your settings. Going through the few things after startup helps you to better understand your 7000, as you acually choose the settings that seem right for that day and ground.
You can program the user button to the menu tht you want to change a little bit faster and more often, but I do recomend to try out settings and compare the response / results - thats how you learn to master the machine

Latest posts