mars camper trailers

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi all ,i finally bought a mars hard floor camper off ebay,also known as aspowersellers from springvale ,melb....we took it to moliagul for two weeks and very happy indeed with it...15 mins to set up and ur havn a seat with a cold beer...its the 7x5 hardfloor, 75 litre water tank ..cheers john btw it was $5300 pick up

Iv been looking at getting one for a while now, but have decided to build one from a old high sided box trailer that I had built about 12 months ago not really on the top of the todo list but it is on there and I have been collecting steel and parts for when I get started, so I have seen the Mars camper and they look good hopefully I can get a few more ideas from your pics.

hi zuke i fabricated a solar panel system to side of my camper,it consists of two 145 watt panels..they quite easily run my 80 litre waeco duel zone fridge with one 120 amp hr agm battery ..heres the pic

Sounds good' iv made a start on my camper but putting the cargo pod back on top for the time being as I don't want to shell out $2000 for a tent top as we may jump straight into a little van' the rack iv made up for the cargo pod could take a rooftop tent at a later date but for the moment I'll just use the tent and fit out the assesories.

1424825765_optimized-img_0179.jpg

Good lookin solar set up you have there......
What is the build quality of the trailer like ??

Cheers Nanjim
Jim

hey nan i honestly cant fault the camper as per dollar value when u compare to others,bit over 5k plus i spent $1000 on solar panels including 120 amp hr agm battery...mind u the battery weighs 37 kg .....ive now had 3 trips to moliagul,one to tarnagulla and 3 to river hear locally on the murray.everythings holding up well

I make canvas goods for a living.. To get better life from your canvas use silicone spray on the zippers and try to avoid the trees.. The trees drop veg matter on the canvas that carry mould spores...when the spores have eaten all the veg matter they attack the natural part of the canvas and eat the cotton and leave the polyester behind leaving see thru areas like looking thru a womans stocking.. I recommend using a poly tarp to cover the whole thing around or under trees to help keep the canvas mould free and clean... never use silicone spray for waterproofing ..never clean with solvents or soap.. reproof regularly with bradmill proofing compound because it has a very good inbuilt fungaside that kills the mould... :)

hi kawman,great info especially the spray on the zips as the entrance does get used a lot ,and yes ive bought a tarp to cover the whole canvas plus extra shade for extra area ..cheers mate

Hi goldrocks
Ive just bought a 2011 mars hardfloor can i get a desiegn for your solar panel frame please mate ? :)

Ha ha ha
You find me no were but everywere mate ?
Whats happening out ironbark lol
Still need to find a leak when its shut and treat canvas !
Only leaks when closed lol.
But you know me the camper is for the girls . As i like me swag . Hope yous are well mate

mbasko said:
Lbg dreamer said:
Hi goldrocks
Ive just bought a 2011 mars hardfloor can i get a desiegn for your solar panel frame please mate ? :)
Cool - coming to Stuart Town next Tuesday (16th)? :D

I'll second that! :D

Hope you've been well Lbg! Drop us a line if you still have my number, or PM if not.

Cheers,
Shauno.

Latest posts