HTY's hard rock mining tools :)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi all I thought I would post what tools I use for my underground mining adventures :)

a hammer steel handle welded to a 10lib ex sledge hammer head and a reo bar stake for 3 things 1 for popping out crevices in the creeks and for levering out quartz/samples in old mines and 3 I use it as a anchor in old tunnels with a shaft in the floor wack it into solid rock then I simply tie/attach my 60m rope onto it then just go down but I do have 3 of these anchors for safety and wack them down in solid rock about a foot or 2

oooo yeah easy but I love those crevices that have big cracks in them with lots of clay sloped back on a 45deg angle into the bedrock they are your best traps for gold because its just like a big version of a sluice :) and sedimentary crossbedding helps too :)

update digging out a old mine

I was trying to drain a tunnel today before the rains came and well it was a bit disappointing because I drain the entrance then found a big caved in shaft that met the tunnel 30 meters up the hill from the mine is was trying to dig out so I luged the pump and gear down a lovely hill like this for no reason really
anyway had a bit of fun out in the bush

the pics show how steep the terrain is

the 4 ft drain it dug outside the tunnel entrance

tunnel entrance past the sword grass

draining tunnel

tunnel with loads of mud I had to stop the pump because all the mud was getting sucked into it

HTC's mining/exploration's adventures :)

Its good to see you back on board Simeon , I thought you might of got stuck in an adit.
There no doubting that your dedicated mate.
Good to see your still up to no good.
Cheers Steve ;)

Tie a float (old 20L plastic drum) to your suction line with a 90degree elbow on the end pointing down it will stop your suction line laying on the bottom of the drive.
Also those fire fighters don't like running on an angle it'll cavitate and cook your pump which will cost new seal and maybe a impeller $300-400 fix. Just so you know.

yeah wasn't much point as there was thick mud inside almost up to the roof about 2ft under the water level in the last pic above of the tunnel

but stay tuned big projects coming :)

heres another update making a drilling rig for loam samplings heres the pics tried it in the back yard and drilled down about 1 meter in less than 15 mins

I first started with some pvc scrap pipe then I went to metal after wearing the teeth off so quick

the start of my drill hole

nice perfect drill hole :) with the new and improved metal drill

the handle I used

the depth I drilled to by hand

the drill its self gives you an idea of how deep I went

the clay was a bit of a pain because it kept getting clogged up in the end but apart from that its like a auger in a way if I had a bigger steel pipe I would make a bigger version of what ive made here witch would be better for taking loam samplings but for now this will do me fine :)

Latest posts