What detector accessories are required?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squiz

adrian
Reaction score
sorry to sound dumb, but besides a detector what other tools / equipment should i be using in general when metal detecting?

Squiz, other than a small spade or digging tool, the most important item i think you need would be a pin pointer. These are small detectors which indicate the location of your find within the hole. They save you so much time with target recovery. Most people use a garrett pro pointer however there are a number of other brands with minelab recently releasing one onto the market. If you're on the beach a sand scoop is useful. I hope this helps.

Heres a couple of the digging tools i use most hunts
Predator tools LescheM85 and Little Eagle
leschee.jpg

Heres my Pro find and my M85 Lesche i also have 2 garrett pro pointers
sunut.jpg

1397885156_boo.jpg

I also have a Walco pick and an assortment of shovels etc

just looked up the little digging tool, pin pointer and shovel there so expensive for what they are

..... a plastic garden trowel is a mighty handy tool for when you're down on your knees digging the loose stuff out of the hole you've just dug with your pick, just pass the trowel over the 'conveniently placed' detector coil to check if you've liberated the target ;) Oh! and leave your steel capped work boots at home :D

casper

hahaha i still wear my old army issue boots there plastic capped luckily lol

Squiz
Check out the gardening section at Bunnings , cheap tools, lifetime warranty mate. Should do the trick for you! :)

Latest posts