WTB Detecting Harness

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm after a harness if anyone has one sitting around collecting dust. PM me if you do with details and price.

Cheers Ed.

Thanks Jaros. I was thinking of using my hydration pack with clips but wasn't 100% sure. Suppose a little trial and error is the key.

Richpickings said:
Thanks Jaros. I was thinking of using my hydration pack with clips but wasn't 100% sure. Suppose a little trial and error is the key.

Thats another idea for you.

A quality pack like a Camelbak works very well, but it must be adjusted properly.
Have it loose fitting and the weight of the detector will make is very uncomfortable.
Prior to attaching the bungy, just tighten all the straps to make it part of your torso, and you won't know it is there.
One thing we added was some lambswool seatbelt overs to the straps where they come over the shoulder.

Once set up you can permanently attach you audio booster, speaker etc, so it is an easy process to get going.
I have a Camelbak Mule. A tad dearer than a harness but worth every cent, and can house all of you gear plus water.

Thanks Redin for the info & feedback. Will explore more options including speaker attachment but I'm unsure of the SDC 2300 and if it can run a speaker? Would like this rig set up for complete detecting all round. Cheers Ed.

RP, I run the speaker on the 2300 itself, works for me but everyone's hearing is different.
I have a rooster booster and speaker on the Camelbak for the 5K

1424604948_dsc01220.jpg

For a cheaper altenative check out the Blue Tongue range.
eg = http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/OZtrail-...70?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item418a0842ee

Thanks RF for that. Your SDC looks like a serious weapon there. Having the booster & speaker on does it add much extra weight? Any balance issues?

Very little weight added.
If you run a bungy on these I found the balance much better with the hinge point at the top of the handle, rather than on the shaft further down.

Hi RP, I have a Shingle back harness, that I have taken bits off to use on another I use. It is still the basic style and you can then add bits as needed, it looks like this minus a few parts, I will have to get it out of the carport somewhere but you can have whats left for $25 it will make a good base to work with. This is it new

- https://www.reedsprospecting.com.au/shop/detail/shingleback-deluxe-harness/

I also have a hip stick as well, which is a little too long for me, I should have got the short fella version :) https://www.reedsprospecting.com.au/shop/detail/hip-stick-medium-18-/

You can have both for $50 plus postage. No stress if your not, anyone else wants it can do. But give you first options. I will get it out it your interested and check what is left on it. I know it has the main frame and belt. I know it doesn't have the pick holder or the water bottle holder, may still have water bottle and holder never used it.

Let me know, cheers

Westaus

Beautiful... I'll take them both. Just pm me with details or PayPal and I will sort it out. I'm off to work but will definitely get cash to you today.

Thanks very much Westaus. Ed.

Absolutely Jaros. Great bunch on board here alright!!!! Great info and bloody helpful.

Keep up the good work and support guys! Cheers Ed.

Status
Not open for further replies.