Garrett AT Pro information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Poizon, How r u getting on with the Pro mate? I have ordered my new Pro this week and currently its on its way down under as we speak. Have you determined any quirkiness with the Pro? I appreciate any suggestions you might have so I'm on the board before it gets here. I already have an ATX so the Pro's going to be for coin shooting. Look forward to your views. TD

Hey everyone,

New to this forum. Just wondering if anyone knows of a place in Adelaide that I could buy the Garrett AT Pro International?

Thanks.

Hi Coreva. Welcome to Prospecting Australia.
Sorry I can't help you with buying a Garrett in Adelaide. It's a good machine, I have one myself. Hopefully someone more local to you will be along with some advice on where to buy one.

Cheers

Ramjet

grubstake said:
Try speaking to Phil from the Gold Mining Centre - he used to be the Garrett distributor for Australia and is a very knowledgeable and helpful bloke, in my experience:
Thanks for your help.

From my last visit to Phil, I don't think he had any left, but worth asking anyway - SA doesn't currently have an official Garrett dealer.

The only other option is to buy online from Garrett Australia's website, or from one of their interstate dealers ( may as well buy straight from the Distrubutor).

Dealer list

http://www.garrettaustralia.com.au/dealers/

I was just wondering what experiences people have had metal detecting for gold with an AT Pro, I have seen a few videos but wondering if it's worth taking it out for a spin. Cheers!

at the moment i am undecided on either the AT gold or the AT Pro as a second detector, would be good to know real world experience with the AT Pro looking for gold from people that have found gold with it

jamie said:
at the moment i am undecided on either the AT gold or the AT Pro as a second detector, would be good to know real world experience with the AT Pro looking for gold from people that have found gold with it

Took the AT Pro up to Orange for food week last weekend as I was staying at a friends farm and they needed me to find some old wire that had pierced their tractor tyre. Learnt the general set up of the machine but didn't get an opportunity to take it for a spin around the gold fields up there but I'll let you know when I do jamie.

Any idea if Australian distributers will have a package deal in the near future like they are overseas atm?

Hi Crusty, I bought my AT gold from the US as a package deal, apart from the garret digger and the pinpointer, the rest was garbage. I saved a little by getting it from over seas, but unless the goodies in the package have changed a lot since I got mine, you aren't missing out on much. have a good one.
Andrew

You can use a forward shipping service like
Shipito where you can have stuff sent to a
Us adress then have it forwarded to your
australian address. Have done this myself
On a few different occasions.

Good luck with it.

We have them at $996 for the At-pro.
If ur after a package, then we can cater for
that but u would need to come in and c us.

Cheers.
Lee.

hey guys was wondering if anyone that swings an AT pro is using rechargeable batteries? If so what brand are you using

cheers wooster

Not the atpro, but my exterra 705 runs for a long while, on coles brand rechargables, 7 odd bucks, a pack of 4 AAs.

I'm using Accupower batteries for my Aldi, bought them off Nenad, they are the Rolls Royce of batteries in my opinion. The Aldi is getting better performance with them than the non-rechargable Energizers I was using without a doubt.

Latest posts