Bash a detector thread

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok ok, you win Moneybox, good on you Mrs M. I still say once you get it set up right it will find the goods. The threshold noise can be annoying but should not be that loud unless you wave the coil over a paint tin. Anyway hope you get it sorted.

PM me a postal address and I'll send you the prize.

Thanks Heatho and all those who contributed. Mrs Moneybox received her very welcome prize yesterday and was over the moon with excitement. It was much more than expected. :)

It was our only chance of getting a sapphire over here but we're heading that way very soon. We'll be attending Minerama and some of the tag-along tours in the hope of finding some more.

No worries, glad the Missus likes them, thought I'd put a few with colour in for you, addicted now I bet. :) Hope you have a good time at the Gem festival.

All the best.

Gold Diver said:
Great post Panda.

I would like to take a shot at Garrett Australia if I may???....... :D

Dear Garrett Australia and Retailers of Garrett.

In Australia we have the internet, admittedly not very fast, but it does reach the USA, and some of us use it to see what prices you sell your products for elsewhere.
We know that we "Cant" legally buy your products online from the USA, but some of us who have even better internet connections can Google how to get around this.
Your products would be a lot more attractive at their native pricing rather than the pricing retailers here in Australia are trying to get even when our dollar was at parity.
It seems to me to be a pricing structure more suited to what Minelab are doing, rather than trying to get some traction in our market.

GD

GD, I think a Certain Company Official Lobbied to get the Government to raise the Import Duty on Detectors from overseas, But the Government don't need much to sway them when they find a new way to get more money,
Over here the ATX Is $3810AUD and the SDC is $6301 AUD and the New GPZ is $15280 AUD, the prices you see are just way over the Top,
I have found some shops will give you a Good Price But 99% of the shops are in Agreement with each other to keep the price at a certain Level,
The shop price for my machine is $1795.50 AUD, But One Dealer said $1528 AUD that's $267 cheaper and I never even asked them to Give me A special Price, Most of it Boils down to Retail Greed Not the Companies who Make them But with One Exception to One Manufacturer,

The detector I'd like to bash today.... GPZ7000! $10700? Have we gone mad... The people purchasing this machine do you also drive the top of the range nissan patrol? oops sorry "landcruiser".
Well if I bought the GPZ 7000 I'd have to upgrade from mums old car to a wiz bang 4x4 but as I can't afford both without taking the bank manager to lunch I'll just settle for another company's machine or twist my own arm into a S/H SDC that someone else gave up with....

Zuke_Lynzy said:
The detector I'd like to bash today.... GPZ7000! $10700? Have we gone mad... The people purchasing this machine do you also drive the top of the range nissan patrol? oops sorry "landcruiser".
Well if I bought the GPZ 7000 I'd have to upgrade from mums old car to a wiz bang 4x4 but as I can't afford both without taking the bank manager to lunch I'll just settle for another company's machine or twist my own arm into a S/H SDC that someone else gave up with....

+1, Sounds Like a Plan, and don't forget all the extras you can buy too as well as Taking the Mrs to Dinner, Just to keep In The Good Books, That's worth A Nugget or Two,

Tell the dealers, that there is simply no excuse for the price difference. Importing adds a little, we dont begrudge them on that, but otherwise its a price gouge. You could probably form a buying co-op, to purchase a few from the US, and get a better than list price deal.

rocketaroo said:
Tell the dealers, that there is simply no excuse for the price difference. Importing adds a little, we dont begrudge them on that, but otherwise its a price gouge. You could probably form a buying co-op, to purchase a few from the US, and get a better than list price deal.

Well if they were not Price fixing then the machines would be a different price else where Just Like Cars are and TV's etc, So That tells A Person that there is some Kind of Shady Deal Going On, They Can't Tell me that they Just Happened to get of bed and just by Coincidence All Thought of the Same Price, And then you read the recommended Retail Price and it is A Lot more than It's country of Origin, It's the Importers who Claim that is the RRP which Is the first Lie, A Classic example is look at this price for the SDC Quoted as in A Sale at 3299.00 or $6309.00AUD and above that it says 3400.00 or $6494.00, So can any One Tell me when the Last SDC Sold for $6494.00 in Australia.

http://www.crawfordsmd.com/metal-detectors/minelab/minelab-sdc2300- metal-detector

or better still How about $800.29c For A Battery For A GPX,

I don't mind paying a few Quid extra, But I am not A Sex Toy and I am Fed up of keep Getting Bent Over By Price fixing between Shops, Another Favourite Trick is to Change the $ sign to A sign,

John

The leishe, or garrett digging tools are half price in the USA. I want to buy one, but it is like getting bent over!

rocketaroo said:
The leishe, or garrett digging tools are half price in the USA. I want to buy one, but it is like getting bent over!

How much are they there in OZ, and I will see what they are here for ya,

I know this thread has been run and done but my experience on the weekend had me a bit upset at Minelab, and the SDC V2.

So heres the bash.

Its not my detector but Ive been swinging it. The dreaded out of batteries sound happened and swapped over to rechargables.

I asked to plug the battery pack in and was told theres no charger..

Now I was sure there would be a car charger in the kit, and so I opened the box, and here it is, 2 Alligator clips to attatch to the terminals....What the actual #F is that garbage.

Same random setup as The Monster car charger. I have no idea what they were thinking, but its bull :poop: to get a 4k odd detector and not have a plug in charger. I even thought the sneaky buggers might have an off the shelf one, but Miners Den tell me Minelab only supply that style.

I dont know who makes these decisions but they need a pay cut. Only thing worse than the price they ask for items is ones that should exist but dont.

Yep it's pretty poor GT,

I have a GM1000 but haven't really had an issue yet as the GM battery lasts a long time so it's either wait till I get home (if a day trip) or connect to the battery (if camping).

It should be simple enough to cut the alligator clips off and connect a cigarette plug (which I keep meaning to do) then problem solved but yep fully agree with you GT it's pretty p!ss poor of Minelab to not supply a proper car charger.

Yeah I didnt do it to the Monster one I had for the same reason my mate is reluctant to do it to the SDC one, firstly theres a warranty issue if something doesnt go right and frys the battery, and more importantly it becomes a dubious item if you decide to sell as a complete kit later.

Im sure jaycar or someone could match the specs but out of the box should be a minelab brand plug, even a usb version, they could make it if they chose to, pretty poor they didnt.

Latest posts