Teknetics T2 and T2 SE information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Ben, yes I will pick up a good 5 Inch and have a try. Just upgraded to the GPX 5000 for the gold fields so I have lots to learn with that.

I didn't know that the boost kicked in above 50 thks.

Thanks

Zakman

Boost is 50+ and below 5, put them there and listen to the chatter!

Concidering a back up machine for this trip over to the west, maybe a t2 tecknetics chalky

Hi. All. If you've read some of my past posts you will know I have recently had a Whites SPP....FORS Gold ....MXT PRO.... and now I am the proud owner of a T2SE. I've had this machine since Xmas and I'm still happy and certainly not bored either. The Teknetics has a lot going for it especially with the new enhancements Teknetics have endowed it with. As some of you will know I'm always chasing 3 main things in my choice of machine. Light weight....Good design...and good sensitivity to small gold, the last being a big ask of a VLF in this iron infested country of ours. Well, IMHO this little machine ticks all these boxes very well indeed. And as a bonus it appears to do very well on depth as the advertising hype for this machine says. Quite frankly, in all metal mode this detector is a monster. The good news????? 1... excellent design with a well thought out screen and interface.( You can control all functions with two fingers without your hand leaving the handle.) 2... Beautifully balanced and light weight...3...Handles our ground remarkably well.( can be chattery at times but targets still stand out well so you'll know when you're on to something)...4...Value for money. .This is obviously a high end pro machine at a reasonable price, given the available features. From my observations this machine seems to be a dual design circuit with some features available for both modes..ie (Single filter All metal mode and Two filter Discrimination mode with some features carrying over to each mode . Whatever they've done it works! Now for the Bad news! Well? actually there is no real bad news. No back light if that is important to you. Have to pay a few hundred extra for the Fischer version.(same machine really) Not worth it in my opinion.. The trick with this machine is......Read the manual and.....Read it again.... and again. until you fully understand what's going on with this machine. When I first got it, I was a bit concerned that it was not what i'd hoped it would be. Sooooooo. looked it up on the net and someone said...Read the manual again. I DID! After a few times and a few more testing sessions and a bit of thinking........WOW! It all made sense. The lesson here is that there is more to ALL the machines we buy than we first think when using them...LEARN TO UNDERSTAND YOUR MACHINE. Personally, I reckon if I'd given the FORS Gold I had a bit more time and tweaking and understanding I might have found more to it than my first impressions! My final word of advice re. using the T2??? Use all metal whenever possible. Only use Discrimination mode where there is rubbish. And once again...Thanks to Brad @ Aussie for all his continued support and great customer service.. Hope this helps.. Sorry for my long waffling.......Regards to all...Ronnie :)

Hello Zakman, it is some time since your post but could I ask please, did you use the T2 in the gold fields? and what sort of success did you have? I hope to get to OZ this year before my cancer restricts me too much. I can bring a T2, or a Delta 4000 or a Surf PI 1.2 kit unit. Could I ask for guidance, thank you. Kenny UK

T2 is your best chance for gold in Australia out of those listed machines. Still a slim chance though.

I purchased a T2 a while ago. Great machine. A friend purchased one used it 5 times and sold it to me for $400. Lucky me!
This is probably the best bit of info i have ever found for the Teknetics T2 check it out.
http://www.garysdetecting.co.uk/teknetics_t2.htm
Find settings for different soil conditions, tones, the works. Most detailed info for T2 settings.

Unfortunately the T2 and Fisher F75 have never been hugely popular here compared to say the F75 in the US, or the T2 in the UK. They do have a fair learning curve, maybe a bit too much for some, and the ever changing dealerships offering such detectors in Australia certainly hasn't helped their sales here either.

I personally own an F75, and I must say it hasn't grown on me like some other brands/models have, although it is a quite deep seeking VLF, even with the regular version without the additional Cache and boost settings. Probably the biggest disappointment for me was the delta pitch tone setting (99 tones). Thought it might be similar to the fulltones setting on the Deus, instead found it doesn't flow nice and smoothly from one tone to the next as on the Deus. Much prefer the 2 tone option with VCO, though it can be a bit of a handful when used in iron infested areas. As mentioned above, the sensitivity control is not like that found on many other detectors, even when set on "0" you are still able to detect shallow targets. Having various thresholds on the senstivity setting makes for a fair bit of experimentation to achieve the perfect setting for any given area - certainly not as forgiving nor complicated as many other detectors.

Either way, the main reason why I purchased mine was for the more simpler task of locating deep targets on relatively junk free ground, something it has already proved itself to very competant at. In the meantime I'll leave the more junkier/iron infested areas for the Deus, having more confidence with that particular detector in such areas. :)

Goldpick said:
Unfortunately the T2 and Fisher F75 have never been hugely popular here compared to say the F75 in the US, or the T2 in the UK. They do have a fair learning curve, maybe a bit too much for some, and the ever changing dealerships offering such detectors in Australia certainly hasn't helped their sales here either.

I personally own an F75, and I must say it hasn't grown on me like some other brands/models have, although it is a quite deep seeking VLF, even with the regular version without the additional Cache and boost settings. Probably the biggest disappointment for me was the delta pitch tone setting (99 tones). Thought it might be similar to the fulltones setting on the Deus, instead found it doesn't flow nice and smoothly from one tone to the next as on the Deus. Much prefer the 2 tone option with VCO, though it can be a bit of a handful when used in iron infested areas. As mentioned above, the sensitivity control is not like that found on many other detectors, even when set on "0" you are still able to detect shallow targets. Having various thresholds on the senstivity setting makes for a fair bit of experimentation to achieve the perfect setting for any given area - certainly not as forgiving nor complicated as many other detectors.

Either way, the main reason why I purchased mine was for the more simpler task of locating deep targets on relatively junk free ground, something it has already proved itself to very competant at. In the meantime I'll leave the more junkier/iron infested areas for the Deus, having more confidence with that particular detector in such areas. :)
Have you tried upping the sensitivity on the 75 GP? If in doubt in discrimination I go to single tone, in all metal no changes but run it at higher sensitivity setting and the TID will usually come through more repeatable....some sites you can't do this the ears will bleed running above 80 all day but as soon as the TID flashes through you can crank it up as high as you can handle and get some extra finds....Many of my thrippys have come out this way...Might be worth a try next time your out with deus to compare. :Y:

Problem I have with the f75 is that I am more of a tone detectorist than a TID user, and in that respect I haven't taken to this detector in a big way. I also night detect, so I rely on the tones to pull me up over a prospective target, the Deus offers more ability to do this, not to mention the inability to turn off or dim the blinding F75 screen backlighting.

Not saying that it is any way a bad machine in anyway, just hasn't grown on me like I hoped it would. My other issue was using it was on iron infested house sites, the sort of areas where TID's have less relevance, and where tones really offer more of a picture on what is happening beneath the ground surface. Was really hoping that Delta pitch would offer a similar experience to what the Deus offers with fulltones, unfortunately that proved not to be the case.

Just goes to show that if a detector's tones don't agree with you, then it doesn't really matter how good the other features are.

Latest posts