Roadside reef

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dug

Reaction score
1422005725_image.jpg

I stopped for a break from driving yesterday and followed a line of Quartz down from a roadside to the bedrock of a river . The area was dredged and there was also some reef mining in towns nearby this has probably been checked a million times ,but the practice alone was worth it .
1422006213_image.jpg
1422006285_image.jpg
1422008093_image.jpg

1422007331_image.jpg

I took a small bag load of samples from a spot that looked pretty mineralised .
1422007521_image.jpg

i thought I saw some fine gold on the rock before crushing with my 20 x but nothing after panning,I'll do the rest tomorrow.

Hey Dug, I've done the same many times now with a similar result, a few specs here and there but nothing conclusive yet and still crushing away at buckets of different samples.
One day you and I will find the gold that the others have missed............because we share the same dreams of finding it, if we don't, then it's been a great way to keep out of trouble and a good work out for the arms, never give up on the dream :)

Thanks Prospecter Pete It's amazing how many times I reckon I've seen gold (small as it may be ) with my 20 x only to find nothing in the pan out .lol
It's a great interest the more you learn the better the odds become for finding it .
Your pictures a few months back looked pretty good hope you get gold soon.

I still haven't crushed them yet, I've come across a few other spots that I've taken samples from since and have them all in their own buckets with locations listed, only sampled a very small % of each.
I've only just recently put a stop to work around the house and getting back into crushing the samples but still can't help grabbing samples on a near weekly basis, my shed is not set up yet so the going is slow and somewhere there has to be a small nugget or two hiding........... I hope so for my sanity anyway :p

Good morning Pete, Dug, looks like your both interested in the odd bit of dirt. Keep your interest up. It's great the way the mind works and it looks like you two are on track to find some good stuff soon.
Jaros :p

Thanks Jaros, I need to stop collecting samples until I process what's at home but I just can't help it, I swear they just appear when I least expect it. If they don't amount to finding much colour then at least I'll know what not to sample :D