Vic field trips

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The first field trip for this year will be a place called mooralla vic for smokey quartz crystals and geodes on the 25th and 26th of may this year. will have more imfo on the rest of the field trips this year at around 5pm tommrow i will put up a list :) pleaze note some field trips you must be with a gem club so you can get into quarrys to fossick and for insurance resons like if you break a leg

June 1-2 field trip to MT gambier for fossils note you must belong to a gem club for this trip

june 22th -23th field trip to lake copper quarry and rushworth for red jasper gold pyrite calcsite and more note you must belong to a gem club for this field trip

august 24th to the 31st field trip to glen innnes nsw for sapphires zircons topaz garnets and lots more note anyone can go to this one no need to be in a club :D

september 22th 23th toombullup for small sapphires and zircons note you do not need to be in a gem club to go on this trip

october 26th -27 field trip to powelltown for smokey quartz citrine topaz tormaline and lots more note you do not need to be in a gem club for this trip :)

november 23th to the 24th field trip to strathbogie for blue topaz smokey quartz tormaline small zircons and sapphires note you do not need to belong to a gem club for this trip :D

pm me if you have any questions :D

;) on some you don't need to belong to a gemstone club only the ones that say you need a club are the ones most people can;t go on but if you find a gem club near you you will be covered and you can go on all of them if you wish :D

You will find most gem clubs fairly welcoming to taking on new members even if you don't necessarily live close by.

Cheers
Adam

p.s. hunting

hopefully see you out on a few of these trips this year, definitely planning on freeing up some time so I can make it along to a few (or all if i can swing it)

Adam

I would love to come along on some of the field trips, I dont belong to a gem club yet, but am looking at joining one. How do I get info on the field trips etc?

thanks

or if that doesn't work you can pm me and ill give you all the details meet place time ect :) ;) the morralla one is canceled due to wet weather and boggy creek crossing

Did you get to see the Mount Gambier Club on your trip this weekend _ I think they were opening their Clubrooms up for visits.

Give their Secretary a ring

Ph: 0417 881 860
Email: [email protected]

Latest posts