Aldi Adventuridge Metal Detector

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all,

My first post here - discovered this site when researching the Aldi detector!
I'm very happy with it so far. I actually bought two and have not opened the second one.
I can't really justify hanging onto the second one, and will take it back under their 60 day policy.

Alternatively, if someone else has missed out on one, I'm located near Oakleigh station (Vic).
Box is still sealed and receipt is dated 04/01.

Cheers!

Mike

serapax said:
Hi all,

My first post here - discovered this site when researching the Aldi detector!
I'm very happy with it so far. I actually bought two and have not opened the second one.
I can't really justify hanging onto the second one, and will take it back under their 60 day policy.

Alternatively, if someone else has missed out on one, I'm located near Oakleigh station (Vic).
Box is still sealed and receipt is dated 04/01.

Cheers!

Mike

Hi Mike. Welcome to PA. Don't take the detector back. There will be many people after one. Maybe advertise it in the for sales section.

Cheers

Ramjet

Thanks Ramjet, I'll be trying it out in the Dandenong ranges this weekend.

Pretty scary how many rusty tent pegs and pieces of wire I've found buried at the beach. I wonder how many injuries these have caused?

A quick question about licenses - does relic hunting require a prospecting license? You don't really know what you're going to find until you find it.
If these detectors are known to be no good in the highly mineralised gold bearing areas, does this fact alone mean I can argue that I'm not prospecting?

Cheers!

The bottom line for any metal detector is this. Regardless of their design, type, features, brand or cost, EVERY metal detector will react to a coin or a gold nugget. But those factors mentioned will all have a bearing on how well it will react to differing metals, how deep it will detect them and how much info it will provide to the operator. The inexpensive Chinese machines seen on Ebay and outlets such as Aldi will register a coin about 6" deep and will react to a small nugget if it's on the surface. However, they struggle to give the operator any clear info regarding what it is. That signal scale is neither useful nor ornamental. I've been detecting for more than 30 years with a wide range of machines. I teach newcomers to the hobby and write about various aspects of it. That experience has taught me one thing above everything else. DON"T BUY A METAL DETECTOR BASED ON PRICE ALONE! Example. Any cheap Chinese machine as discussed here versus ,say, a Minelab X-Terra 305. The 305 is going to be about 3.5 to 4 times more expensive. But the reliability, accuracy of information provided, depth of target found, warranty and support, ease of use and many other factors will be so far ahead of the Chinese product it'd be silly trying to list 'em all. Many of my clients have found rare coins and gold using basic machines such as the X-Terra's and the cheaper Garratts such as the Ace 250 etc. You'll pay a bit more at first, but you'll find more and make more out of the hobby. No, I don't work for any manufacturer or store.

Wal

Handy if using a Gold Cube to just double check that you haven't missed a potato sized nugget (cough)

pjg100 said:
Aldi has the metal detectors at a reduced price of $69.99.

Peter. :cool:

Cough, cough, WHAT?
Well that sucks, doesn't it.
I bought one just after Christmas at $99.
I thought they were all sold out. Bugger!!!!

backcreek said:
pjg100 said:
Aldi has the metal detectors at a reduced price of $69.99.

Cough, cough, WHAT?
Well that sucks, doesn't it.
I bought one just after Christmas at $99.
I thought they were all sold out. Bugger!!!!

Actually, I bought one yesterday for Josh and I paid $59.99

I took two back to Seven Hills the other day.

I will keep one, but I was pretty underwhelmed overall. After working out how much a 9V rechargeable battery setup would cost I took them back and bought a used xterra 305 for $250.

Already have heaps of AA rechargeables and the difference in operation is night and day.

That being said, for $50 it's worthwhile for a spare or kids.

Rydalmere Aldi had 7 last week.

gave one to my young bloke for his 8th b,day... he nagged me all day yesterday (aust day) to take him down the beach to try his new detector.. He found 3 bottle tops and a couple of nails, which now live in his treasure box.. now hes hassling me to take him out to the goldfields,,,I think Ive found my detecting buddy in a couple of years time.....

Latest posts