HIGHBANKER WATER PUMP KIT. 1-1/2 3 HP PUMP. $325

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got the kit with the bigger pump, and also got 10m, 15, and a 20m layflat.
Gavin was excelent to deal with, the price was fantastic and delivery was dang quick.
Everything came already fitted up with clamps ect and pretty well ready to go.
Will be putting it to the test with the walbanker this weekend and will report back how it all goes
Thanks again gavin for the great products and great service
Rod

Pump and kit ran perfectly with the wal banker on the first test, no probs at all, a great kit to run a walbanker for sure
Thanks again gavin
Rod

rod said:
Pump and kit ran perfectly with the wal banker on the first test, no probs at all, a great kit to run a walbanker for sure
Thanks again gavin
Rod

Thanks for the feedback Rod.

It's really good to know your Rato pump kit is performing well. You're the second customer who's said that particular pump performs really well. It's always good to get positive feedback on my products.

Good luck with it, I hope you find heaps of Gold.

Reactions: rod
Gavin please advise at your earliest possible time when the lighter one is in, I'll kit up and get some extras, hoping it's early December rather than late. Cheers.

Me to.....plus im in qld any rato up here......and quick question can i rely on rato compared to briggs n stratton.
Been told chinese manufactured pumps are abit dicey...what seperates rato from the other imports i would realy like to give rato a go. ;)

yobskin said:
Me to.....plus im in qld any rato up here......and quick question can i rely on rato compared to briggs n stratton.
Been told chinese manufactured pumps are abit dicey...what seperates rato from the other imports i would realy like to give rato a go. ;)

Hi Yobskin

Why Rato? A good and valid question. In todays consumer world there are many new brands on the market that are mass produced in no name Chinese factories that get painted what ever colour and have a sticker slapped on it then put on the web and advertised as being the best thing since sliced bread. Rato Australia is different. Rato engines are made by Rato. Who is Rato you ask? They are the Chongqing Rato Power Ltd Manufacturing Company founded in 2007. They started producing engines in 2009 and they now make about 1.4 million engines a year. Most of these go to the U.S.

Because the factory is very new it has very up to date manufacturing facilities and are ISO9001 certified and also meets the ISO/TS 16949 quality standard. To quote

"ISO/TS 16949 is the globally recognized quality management standard for the automotive industry. It brings together standards from across Europe and the US and provides a framework for achieving best practice with regards to the design and manufacture of products for the automotive supply chain. The standard has been developed by the International Automotive Task Force (IATF) and brings together common processes from across the industry sector. IATF comprises of nine member vehicle manufacturers - Ford, GM, Chrysler, BMW, VW, Daimler, Renault, PSA Peugeot Citroen and Fiat - along with national automotive trade organizations from USA, UK, France, Germany and Italy."

What all this means is that Rato gear is as good as anything else that has a Japanese or German or US brand name on it. I don't portray that Rato goods are made or designed in Japan. They are made in China. Which as most of us know is where many products are made. If you speak to some other retailers they'll tell you that their goods are Japanese and are made in Taiwan, there are Chinese factories as well but only the Taiwanese goods come to Australia. I ask you, do you give a toss if it's made in Japan, Taiwan or China? All you want to know is, is it good quality, am I spending my money wisely etc etc.

If Rato weren't any good I would have warranty claims coming out of my ears. Head office, which is in Perth, would be in melt down dealing with unhappy customers. But instead we get customers telling us how good the products are and that we sell them too cheap. We've sold hundreds and hundreds of Rato products. Head office can't keep up with the demand for some of our pumps and we've sold out of some units and are eagerly awaiting for container loads of goods to land.

Rato Australia was started by Ben Parry in June 2013. Ben is a Mechanical Engineer who's worked in automotive engineering for decades. He's been around racing engines as a hobby since he was a lad. He knows his stuff and when he saw how good Rato goods are he decided to set up Rato Australia.

I know what youre saying to yourself. Should I risk $200 on a Chinese product Ive never heard of or should I spend double that on a known name brand (Thats probably made in China anyway). That decision is yours, but, Rato are getting a good rap because the products are damn good and the service Im providing is as good as I can possibly provide. In fact I wont have any 40 mm pumps until mid December because we keep selling out. There are shipping containers literally on a slow boat from China as I write this. Ive currently got 3 potential customers wanting 40mm pumps right now and I just havent got them. I wish I had them to sell to you guys as the gold in them thar hills is only getting heavier.

As soon as Ive got a firm date on when these pumps are in stock Ill post here so keep an eye on the forum and thanks for your interest. I have hoses and fittings ready to go if thats any consolation.

Goldtarget said:
Gavin please advise at your earliest possible time when the lighter one is in, I'll kit up and get some extras, hoping it's early December rather than late. Cheers.

I certainly will Goldtarget. The lighter pump is still looking like it will be 'late'ish' December. Sorry about the delay but it's out of my hands.

Another project I'm working on is a car alternator driven by a Rato engine for charging batteries when camping. I'm in the process of putting together a prototype right now. When it's viable I'll be putting it online somewhere so keep your eyes peeled.

Thanks Gavin,
I am totally sold... :D
I dont give two cats wiskars where its made, the passion from a content happy worker says there walking them selves out the door thats enough for me.. ;)
Just jokes but ya might want to get rato to look into that slow boats engine.... :p
I take it theres no problem getting it to Qld?

yobskin said:
Thanks Gavin,
I am totally sold... :D
I dont give two cats wiskars where its made, the passion from a content happy worker says there walking them selves out the door thats enough for me.. ;)
Just jokes but ya might want to get rato to look into that slow boats engine.... :p
I take it theres no problem getting it to Qld?

Hi Yobskin
Thanks for your interest in Rato products. I'm out of stock of the 40mm pumps at the moment. I'll have them in stock in about 4 weeks I hope. Let me know which one you're interested in and any other hoses, fittings etc and I can arrange a quote for the kit and delivery for you. EMail me direct is the best way.

Thanks

Back in stock at last.

The pump as pictured at the start of this forum thread is finally available again after lengthy freight delays. I'll have them in stock by the 15th Jan.

Check out the earlier posts in this forum thread to decide on which hoses etc you want and place your orders and I'll get some deliveries under way.

Happy new year to you all.

sususydney said:
Hi im interested in this pump and was wondering how long does a full tank last? Just say for high banking at 1m over head?

I have the lighter pump coming into stock this week. Please email me direct for a quote on your desired pump package. A tank of fuel is good for 2 hours at full load

MJB said:
Looks like agreat deal there ratovic...the supply of hoses and fittings seals the deal in my books. When the highbanker is done I will be getting one of these.

Cheers

Hi MJB

I have the lighter pump coming into stock this week. Please email me direct for a quote on your desired pump package.

Bye for now

Dogmatic said:
Hey Rato what happened to the smaller pump? At nearly 20kg this one is getting a bit heavy to carry up the creek.

Hi Dogmatic

I have the lighter pump coming into stock this week. Please email me direct for a quote on your desired pump package.

Bye for now.

Goldtarget said:

Hi Gold target.

Bye for now

Im still saving up the coin but im getting one! I will email you shortly gavin thanks mate. :D so happy.

ratovic said:
Goldtarget said:

Hi Gold target.

Bye for now
No worries mate. I've been meaning to get the past office for a week and a half, I'm like an old train, I'll get there eventually, i just take a while to get things done at times. I got one in the mean time but I'm still in the market.

PUMP KIT PRICE UPDATE

Hi Guys. Due to the falling Aussie dollar and general 'cost of doing business' effecting things the prices of the pump kits I have advertised here have gone up a small amount.

• The $178 pump has increased to $195[/*]
  • The $202 pump has increased to $225[/*]
  • The $325 kit has increased to $342[/*]
  • The $349 kit has increased to $372[/*]

I believe the kits I put together are still great value and I've got several very happy customers here at Prospecting Australia that have bought kits from me.

For those of you interstate I've freighted a few of these kits to NSW & QLD and the freight cost has been $50 - $65 depending on what's in the kit.

If you have a look at the post #1718 posted by username Jin on page 69 of "Today I bought' you'll see a video of the small $195 pump in action.

Or you can see the Youtube video here
[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaTi1HQQwdM[/video]

Can't argue with that and just look at that water flow.

Happy sluicing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts