Aldi Adventuridge Metal Detector

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would highly recommend grabbing a handful of coins, ring pulls and a beer frisbee and get out to the backyard and see what each target registers at. If you set the discrimination at the point you get rid of the ring pulls and bottle tops you may need to sacrifice 5c finds but worth it in my experience.

I think on mine it was halfway down the ringpull mark.

Enjoy

Took mine to the local park for 1/2hr this evening while the wife played on the equipment with my son.

No false targets, every dig was a hit. Sadly it was a few bottletops and screwcaps. I did find an old style ringpull and a metal tube of toothpaste.

This encouraged me a little as I presume it means no one has detected in this park at all. I hope that extends out to the local area.

I love mine, I'm having heaps of fun and laughs.
Already I've found $3.11 and some welding slag in the backyard.

Thanks for the link to the YouTube video Ramjet :D

Some nice little finds there foodgem.

I'd say that counts :D

I ran mine over the dog this morning and it picked up the pin in his hind leg and his microchip LOL

I've been practicing my hole cutting and plugging and I'm down to a fine art now!

Hopefully once I'm off my L's with the Aldi I can upgrade in a few months and join the big boys ;)

Bought one yesterday.
Joined the cue at the door of my local Aldi at 8:15 and battled the trolley pushers to the center isle when the doors opened.
At first I couldn't find them and thought they didn't have any on sale but after searching I found them berried under the other outdoor stuff.

I also picked up one of the starter camping kit for the kids, 4 man dome tent, 2 sleeping bags and 2 camp chairs in a zip up bag on wheels for $99, bargain!

As for the detector, from the first run in the yard it looks to perform pretty good for what it is.

With a little practice it should pay for itself quickly.

Greetings fellow rockhounds, I got mine, 9 am, they were growing wings and flying out the door I got the last one I could see displayed. My thinking is people are catching on to this hobby but the investment into a GPX is just ridiculous. However one of these little babies in my opinion is worth several times the outlay.
Mordialloc Beach first find, 20 cent ozzie coin located at 10 cm depth in DRY sand and about 1-2 cm from the ground about normal height.
It took me all of 1 minute to find it, but lost motivation because all I wanted to really know was did it work, my thinking is yes tomorrow I will KNOW.

I am about to test it out Dunolly way in highly mineralised ground to see if I can get anything from IT. I will work it hard,.

Ok so I don't have much experience but it wont take long and once I get the settings IN THE FIELD, I am very confident I will get a gram or two, maybe even really lucky and something special, who knows, wont find out till I try.....
This machine CAN do the job required to about 15- 20 cm on an item similar in size to a twenty cent piece. Or 12 -15cm on a 5 cent, found a few of those under swings after the beach. There was too much other rubbish and I am still grasping the discrimination however it seems to work , the failure is mine in understanding what really happening and I am sure it will be very usable once I work it out.

If you've been out there with your kids, and weren't comfortable with handing over that gpx or similar, get a few of these they do work and kids will love em, or if you aren't comfortable putting ALL the required time to LEARN properly the GPX subtleties, I can say from my BRIEF experiences, I am looking forward to spending a lot of time in learning with this, and confident it wont be long till I do OWN a gpx, thing is this baby is so simple AND EFFECTIVE I don't think I will risk BREAKING $6000, coz this ones only $100 and does do the job of locating what we are all after it was performing adequately or even better than I had hoped. I mean for a hundred bucks, I wasn't expecting much, but honestly I am glad I spent the cash. Will post a picture of the first nugget I get over the next few days. If I can....
Keep in mind though for $100 there isn't much to it it does seem a little fragile so taking care of it is a must.
I am VERY happy with the capabilities of mine, very happy...... :cool:

Mineralisation will be the true test' the trouble not being able to run the sensitivity high will pull her up...

aussie280 said:
Hi guys,

I'm a noob and went out this morning to purchase the Aldi MD. Got it home and up and running. Air detecting seemed to be OK but when I went out to the backyard I found it inconsistant. Very hard to pinpoint the location of a beep. Rarely able to duplicate the beeps in the same location. In Discrimination mode managed to get a high pitch beep (showing 25c on the screen_ at full depth of 8 inches I dug down and found nothing. This happened about 4 times. Each time digging a hole with nothing. I have since promptly put it back in the box and returned it for a refund.

I think after this experience you are better off saving a few more pennies and getting the real deal. A second hand bounty hunter or better or even diving in a going for an entry level PI DIY Kit like the Surf PI.

That's my two bobs worth on the detector. I'm sure some of the results might be because I'm new to MD's but I felt it was more a toy/childs 1st detector. :/
Most suburban backyards have way too much junk underground and around the house to be a conclusive test. A good test is in the DRY sand on the beach. Dont go near wet sand and dont use it while raining or after rain as the latent salt in the dry sand will turn to salt water when raining.

Zuke_Lynzy said:
Mineralisation will be the true test' the trouble not being able to run the sensitivity high will pull her up...

Not to mention no ground balance controls, nor a true all metal mode running a threshold. I think it will have a very hard time in the goldfields, with hot rocks setting it off constantly - hence the price difference between a $99 Aldi and a dedicated gold detector.

Latest posts