Found In Circulation

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the info db.

I found a post on ebay re the wide date (can't post link yet) and it says that the wide date is 7mm between the date numbers 9 9 4 as opposed to 6mm. It's not a lot but if I find a few of that year I will have to look closely (get my ruler out I will :) ). I'd say this variety would be really hard to pick at a glance but the post doesn't say that there is any other distinguishing feature that gives it away.

Is the coin shown in your post yours?

...and nice to see that you like collecting too kuskus...it really gets you in once you start!

No Not mine it's up for sale on a mates site. I collect gold sovereigns, proclamation coins and old English gold coins.
cheers db :)

Ok. So I've been on the lookout for the 1994 wide date variety and I think I'm onto something here.

I reckon the top coin here is the one.

See below pic for your assessment.

Cheers

1420537994_img_5398.jpg

Try This test
Take a line on the bottom bar of the 4 across the date
1420617082_1420537994_img_5398.jpg

Narrow Date Top Wide Date bottom
cheers db

i have jus gone through my money box 8)

some ebay research later , wont be taking them to a bank to cash them :cool:

it is amazing what we look over , till ya stand back an look :)

Ok now look for a tilted 7 in the 1970 Captain Cook 50c, another variation.
db

What's up Doctor,....got a picky of what you came across for us to see ?
Doctor said:
i have jus gone through my money box 8)

some ebay research later , wont be taking them to a bank to cash them :cool:

it is amazing what we look over , till ya stand back an look :)

Hey thanks db. Cross that one off my "gotta find" list. Tilted 7...now that's new to me. Any pics?

Hi Glenno,
Here's the photo of a tilted 7.
1420691708_tilted_7.jpg

If you draw a line across a normal 50c piece you will see the difference.
db

How's the coin collecting going? I just saw a 2 cent piece go up for $3950 may be that is the coin that you should be looking for in you coins.
cheers db :eek: :eek: :eek:

I found some DB, would you like to buy any 2 cent pieces, and how much are you willing to pay (ha ha).
deepblue said:
How's the coin collecting going? I just saw a 2 cent piece go up for $3950 may be that is the coin that you should be looking for in you coins.
cheers db :eek: :eek: :eek:

Hey db. I've been away but am back now. I am strictly a desktop user ('cause I don't have a phone....am I the only one in the world??). I've got a few 2 cent pieces to look through....might be a rare one there, who knows?

Hey db.

I did some homework on the missing "SD" on copper coins and it isn't resricted to 1981...so I had look through some of my copper collection and found a '66 with no "SD". Gotta be happy with that!

1422250429_img_5448.jpg
1422250564_img_5450.jpg

cant remember the year, its in the safe at home but i think it was a 'more common' year so to say, and no they are seen over a few years, i am on the hunt for a double rabbit ear $1 now

Latest posts