Aldi Adventuridge Metal Detector

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a heads up, aldi has their $99 metal detector for sale again as of 3 Jan.
I know so many missed out and so many others wanted extra ones....

1420068477_aldidetect.jpg

Hey Matt, pretty sure it would if it were over say a gram or 2 but it stuggles with mineralisation same as most VLF's. A mate ran his at Wattle Flat one day and found quite a few junk targets, it was a bit chattery but still useable.

It's great for coin and relics but for Gold you'd have to be very very lucky I think.

Popped into Aldi just now and they have not one piece of camping equipment in either of 4 stores near me let alone a metal detector. The checkout dude reckons it may be tomorrow but he wasnt sure.

I am thinking of buying one tomorrow...

How does the Aldi AdventureRidge compare to the Kogan Deep Target?
- prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5245
- kogan.com/media/files/usermanuals/KAMETANDETA-A.pdf
- kogan.com/au/buy/deep-target-waterproof-metal-detector/

It's $25 cheaper including free postage, but I don't understand what differences there may be?

You can also get some Bounty Hunter models including postage on ebay for about $100.

ebay.com.au/itm/Bounty-Hunter-VLF-Metal-Detector-VLF2-1-/301237797698?pt=US_Metal_Detectors&hash=item46232c0342
ebay.com.au/itm/Bounty-Hunter-Gold-Digger-Metal-Detector-GOLD-/291185976802?pt=US_Metal_Detectors&hash=item43cc0965e2

Thank you.

Well there was a line up at my local one, they had about 20 detectors and they are all gone now.
I cant believe people were actually pushing other people out the way with their trolleys.

Anyhow i got one, not that it means a lot, its really only a toy compared to others but it will give my youngest something to do.

would have been ramming speed all the way too, I bet, just to get one,....Now there will be another group digging all over the place looking for Aldi trolley tokens(ha) before they even realise there is money in the parks.

Hi guys,

I'm a noob and went out this morning to purchase the Aldi MD. Got it home and up and running. Air detecting seemed to be OK but when I went out to the backyard I found it inconsistant. Very hard to pinpoint the location of a beep. Rarely able to duplicate the beeps in the same location. In Discrimination mode managed to get a high pitch beep (showing 25c on the screen_ at full depth of 8 inches I dug down and found nothing. This happened about 4 times. Each time digging a hole with nothing. I have since promptly put it back in the box and returned it for a refund.

I think after this experience you are better off saving a few more pennies and getting the real deal. A second hand bounty hunter or better or even diving in a going for an entry level PI DIY Kit like the Surf PI.

That's my two bobs worth on the detector. I'm sure some of the results might be because I'm new to MD's but I felt it was more a toy/childs 1st detector. :/

I took mine out the back too.

Initially trying to dig the crappy signals but quickly gave up on that.

I was getting good pings showing 25c etc when I was near big bits of metal. I found the inconsistent pings were interference from kids swingset, metal in concrete etc etc.

The couple of good signals I did dig found a few bits of metal, one was lead and a 1m(!) length of metal pipe. All in all, not too bad but I think my backyard is probably a bit noisy. I do a lot of building and renos and whenever I strip a screw or bend a nail I have a bad habit of throwing it into the backyard. I'll really have to stop that now.

I'm happy enough with mine - I have a second but I'm deciding whether to keep it or not.

Got mine today. Big lineup at the Aldi on opening and I was a little nervous. Walked quickly to the detectors only to find no one else was interested - too busy fighting over large piles of cheap camping gear. I grabbed 2 of the 8 and was first out of the checkouts.

Came back 1/2hr later. The other 6 were still there.

I hope that means no one in my area is interested in detecting parks :)