pyrite and sulphides rocks

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me do we have these rocks in Victoria gold fields and where they might be and can you find gold in pyrite how many ppl know about these rocks.

Pyrite is usually found associated with other sulfides or oxides in quartz veins, sedimentary rock, and metamorphic rock, as well as in coal beds and as a replacement mineral in fossils. Despite being nicknamed fool's gold, pyrite is sometimes found in association with small quantities of gold. Gold and arsenic occur as a coupled substitution in the pyrite structure.
Try looking in Mr. Google yourself and fossick for some info. It's all part of "the hunt".
Jaros

Plenty of pyrites in victiria its bloody everywere its one of the best indicators. Sulphides occur in varied regions for example enfiled has a saddle reef which is intersected by lead sulphides.

Heres some ore I pulled from a mine near avoca a few months back its loaded with pyrite and yes this stuff can be roasted and leached f
1417426885_20141201_203816.jpg
or gold.

Latest posts