My Wal Inspired Highbanker , finished

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

headbut

Paul
Reaction score
The biggest issue I had was the pins ,to hold the legs in place , without falling out, so I took the USA made ones from my mini sluice - they wont fall out
1369550638_photo0108.jpg

The inside bits - had to shorten due to not enough skid , so removed front mesh

1369550726_photo0110.jpg

These are the pins for the legs

1369550777_photo0111.jpg

Thats a beuty Headbutt
Nicely made piece of equiptment.
I just use some old tent pegs for the legs on mine.
Now just gotta get it dirty. Good luck on the hunt and may your traps be filled with gold.
Cheers
Chris

What do you reckon it set you back Headbut? I have to chose making or buying shortly. Thanks mate.

Hi there Balx , If you have the tools , maybe $250 to build .The aluminium sheet the box was made of was free ,as I had it laying around the yard. the mesh was $25 from Ulrich Aluminium , the bread tray & cable tray was free, spent maybe $60 on channel etc.The hopper is 1 sheet of gal 900mm x 600mm $20. PVC bits $25 , mat $25 .The drill to drill the holes was $30. Pop rivet gun & rivets $25. If you had to buy every peice , would be dearer , but probably still cheaper than buying one , Cheers Paul :)

Thanks, heaps cheaper, Im running the bread crate riffles on the power sluice I built. They are great. But Sick of classifying so keen to go for a highbanker.

Well built banker there Paul. Look forward to catching up on the creek and having a combined banker session. I'm sure the banker will pay for itself many times over in the coming season.

Cheers Wal, :)

Great work mate.

I'm loving all these homemade Highbankers we've been seeing on the forum lately, they're very inspirational and I can't wait to start building my own.

Cheers,
Nugget

Hi Headbutt,
Nice build. Is that bunnings "Ultimat" under your bread tray?
Cheers,
Brad.

Braddo said:
Hi Headbutt,
Nice build. Is that bunnings "Ultimat" under your bread tray?
Cheers,
Brad.

Hi Brad , yes from Bunnings , not sure what brand , but the only of its type I could find , Cheers Paul

Hi,
The Ultimat that is used under Wal's bread crate can be found at Clarke Rubber under another name. It pretty much is the thicker 10mm with backing that Wal uses. From memory the smaller matts measure about 350mmx700mm and will cost around $30. They also have a larger size of about 2x1.2mtr. I originally had no luck at Bunnings.
JML

Latest posts