Someone I know......

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The big guns ;)
Looks like a great place and seems the kids enjoy it too. Funny, dosnt seem to matter the size of the operation the kids end up playing in the water from the sluice :lol:

Hi all,

Gold miner, fantastic video of your operation. Your kids are having a ball, how did their little trommel turn out?

Thanks for sharing mate :)

Jim & Kerrie

Great to see a family affair going there mate, :) looks like you'll have some keen little prospectors coming through the ranks. ;) recon they've got the right idea too....check the dam for gold ....and then double check the dam again an case they missed some the first time. :D All the best with the set up there and hope the sluices are choked with gold...Cheers Wal. :)

Yes, all good fun.
Lets just hope OH&S does not find this video. :8
Hay Mr gold miner, would soaking you wash dirt before processing help with recovery rates?, If you talk to the guys using High bankers they will tell you they find plenty more gold. ;)

Funny you say that!! About two days after I did that video, we had a visit from the inspector!!! All good though!

When you feed through wet dirt its a lot harder to get a full bucket! Plus at times when wet it will clump together and be harder to break up.
You do get less feed bin blockages though. As for plenty more gold.... I dunno? 'tis the same dirt wet or dry!!!

Oi Gm..! .. Is that the 1 in 10, or the 1 in 5 patch you were working there? .. Nice vid mate.
I reckon I should do a quick edit of the video I took of our other neighbours playing pool in the pool and show show everybody the serious side of life on the Palmer.

Palmer Digger said:
Oi Gm..! .. Is that the 1 in 10, or the 1 in 5 patch you were working there? .. Nice vid mate.
I reckon I should do a quick edit of the video I took of our other neighbours playing pool in the pool and show show everybody the serious side of life on the Palmer.

Would dearly love to see that one mate.. :D ...Cheers Wal. :)

Palmer Digger said:

Nah mate that was filmed in 2011, we were just hitting 1 in 50 there. The 1 in 10 is where we are now!!

Yeah I reckon the pool table vid should go on youtube!!!

Thanks Wal and Gm .. It shall be done .. Apologies to all for the first 'Poole' and the second 'Show' ....!
(Note to self; .... Do not post on forum whilst mixing medication with scotch!)

Nice little outfit all the same, great video as well.

I was referring to your kids swimming in the water hole and the guy in the excavator.
Safety guys wouldn't have a bar of it out our way. All high vis vests, hard hats and safety boots on site, barriers and signage.
Daily mine safety log books have been issued and must be filled out and adhiered to and signed every day. :|

One guy in Yowah took some tourist into his open cut just as the safety guys arrived, they slapped a 48 hour closure notice on him and banned him for taking untrained people into his open cut. :eek: :8

Aww yeah mate you are right!

My wife who was filming had hi vis on, I had my hard hat in the cab of the machine, when 'Mick' the inspector rocked up, he actually scared me because he approached from my right. Passing through signage that says, Mining lease--NO Entry...

As any operator would know, vision is severely impaired because of the boom. I chucked my hat on and jumped out.

I yelled at him to gain my attention prior to approaching the machine or plant!!! He looked rather sheepish and informed me of an inspection.

We got an 'advisory' that the counterweights on the shaker should be covered...

The kids are purposely put in that dam!! I can see it and them from the machine in normal operation, but its not in harms way, my wife can see them constantly because she is situated where the vid was filmed from, watching the plant!

the new rules make things a little harder, but its nothing we havent done before, you just have to work safe....same in your day job!!

Mate, OHS is an career choice whereby you could make a million....if you are young enough, go get a degree in ohs you will never have to look for a job again...

Gold miner said:
Aww yeah mate you are right!

Mate, OHS is an career choice whereby you could make a million....if you are young enough, go get a degree in ohs you will never have to look for a job again...

You can say that again. OH&S or WHS as they call it now has gone through the roof over the past ten years. Nearly every large employer has an OH&S advisor on the payroll these days

Latest posts