What you can do with your GEMSTONES

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Wal, appreciate the reply mate. Looking forward to crossing paths with you one day.

Copper

WalnLiz said:
Hey Cooper...the address and info is in a post by Dughug in the Lapidary section under Col & Lee (min stone size). We only send stones that cut under a ct. Anything that cuts over a ct we cut ourselves as these are the stones of "real" value and need to be cut accurately. Bangkok cut stones look great to the eye but under a loupe you can see that not all the facets line up. We have sent quite a few parcels over and have yet to have a problem..Cheers Wal. :)

So if I ever find something amazing you're the man to talk to about getting it cut then ;)

That jewellery is fantastic, you must get some real satisfaction about being able to do all your own cabs and cuts and seeing the product from digging it out of the ground right through to it being finished and ready to wear.

Adam

G'day Adam,

Certainly has given me a lot of satisfaction over the years, but it's always still the "hunt" that remains in the memory banks the most. You meet a lot of wonderful people and personalities on the gem fields, as it's more of a "family friendly" activity. Gold is also great, but can be a lot more solitary because of the nature of the beast.

If ever you stumble across that "Exquisite Gem" just let me know and I'm sure something can be arranged to get it sparkling in its full glory. ;)

Cheers Wal. :)