Aldi Adventuridge Metal Detector

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my unit from jaycar and its LCD display $150.00 and its a cracker
Found $14.00 in my front yard.it even is quiet on mg and can pick up
Gold nugget .3 gram .Its better than a garret scorpion that i bought last
year for $530.00 .thinking of making it into a mozzy repeller or ham radio.
The garret that is !oz plaza on eBay do same one as aldi but for the bucks
Jaycar unit is even better .Dr :)

been a few months now since several forum members bought these from Alidi. any recent feedback? how they are going? working ok? seen a couple at some boot sales/trash and treasure etc. seen some on ebay for $115. no - I don't use one - just wondering. they seemed like an ok thing at the time.

What a good question, I await eagerly to hear some of these answers as well.(I don't have one ).

I don't have a Aldi lot detector but I still keep old Tandy detector although I don't use it any more. It is about 20 or more years old and I don't remember the model, the sticker peeled off long time ago. It uses 3 9V batteries got ground balance, discrimination and analog meter. It served me well, I have found plenty pre decimal coins with it even 150 years old Russian silver rouble. After I got myself a X-terra there is no point in using old detector as the new one can do everything better and faster. But if it come to crunch and I don't have any other detector but old Tandy, I would still find coins with it.
Karl

I was so blown away with the power of the discrimination on the aldi detector after using a FT1600 for several years that I went out and bought 2 more of them.

I won more than the $99 the first one cost in the month I learned to use it and rate it as a top park and beach detector. The depth and clarity of the tone was surprisingly good although I have not tested it against other machines to get a feel for sensitivity, except on subgram nuggets which it failed to detect.

It takes credit for sending me into a detector frenzy as I went out and purchased a 705 dual coil pack for the discrimination and number readouts soon after. Still learning the 705 but it definitely has more punch than the aldi but I sometimes question if the aldi would cover more ground and be more productive because it tends to ignore less solid targets that are usually junk and take time to dig.

My aldi now goes out with me and my boys for a lap of the local park every couple of weeks and impresses me every time, its very lite and easy to use and the kids do not need to muck around wondering if the have a target or not due to the good tones. Come to think of it, it even may be a good entry level machine for those with a slight hearing impairment.

I gave one to my brother's family who have had a blast with it. Just waiting for me or the bro to win lotto now and splurge on a pair of matching GPXs as I think I have now got him hooked.

The third is still boxed and wil come out to play when both of my boys develop an independent interest.

Hi Loamer, Mine is sitting behind the seat of the ute, I have not had the time to get out. yes I went out a couple of weeks back, ahd a quick swing and found a few old nails.

I hope to get out soon and give it a test in the gold belt soon.

Cheers, Tone

I love mine Loamer, has paid itself off numerous times over. 2 Gold rings in my avatar were found with it, have found plenty pre decimals also and hundreds in coins. It discriminates out 5c and 10c great so you can just go for the Goldies, 50 and 20's.

As Wally said it seems to discrim out large bits of junk, mostly just ignores them after 1 or 2 beeps just seems to track them out, whereas a $2 coin will be a solid ping on every pass in any direction, it's mainly only the older pulltabs too which are impossible to tell from a goldie, the new ones give a different signal on each pass in different directions.

Actually got $35 in a couple of hours the other day at a beach carpark.

Well worth it mate. Mine goes everywhere in the car with me.

Oh yeah I tested mine with a 1G nugget and it signals 50% of the time from about 5cm depending on the angle. It would ping bigger stuff better though I think.

Got this nice little coin spill awhile back with it too. :)

1404293835_20140418_142514.jpg

Hi Loamer,
We took our Aldi to the triangle with us and found lots of nails and scrap. It was very useful when Ian raked an area he would clear the area of any rust with Aldi leaving a clean area for me to go over with the gpx.
Have not used it in a park or beach and was thinking it will be good for the grandkids to use.
Donna

belladonna said:
Hi Loamer,
We took our Aldi to the triangle with us and found lots of nails and scrap. It was very useful when Ian raked an area he would clear the area of any rust with Aldi leaving a clean area for me to go over with the gpx.
Have not used it in a park or beach and was thinking it will be good for the grandkids to use.
Donna

Thats a very good idea. I use an xterra 70 (VLF) (which cost over $1,000 when new) around old mine workings to ID the ferrous before I take my 4500 for a run. I reckon I may get an Alidi as a back-up, they appear to get a good review.

Great little machine, although 9v batteries aren't cheap.
I treated mine pretty badly, leaving it in the boot with sand, dirt etc. and the on off button seized and then snapped, all good though- i just remove a battery when im finished. Still works fine

10/10 would buy another.

Hi Reeks , we use Aldi batteries $2.50 a pkt for all types, they seem to last a long time. We use Aldi batteries for everything and have no probs, I am a bit of an Aldi freak :)

Hi Loamer, definitely a good park detector. I bought 3, one each for the kids and they love it. I did find a cross at the local swings in about 3 inches of sand.
Weight 1.3g
Cheers Dozer :)
1404436620_cross.jpg

Good review on Youtube, looks impressive for the price. The forum won't let me post a link yet but if you type Aldi metal detector in the Youtube search bar it will come up.

belladonna said:
Hi Reeks , we use Aldi batteries $2.50 a pkt for all types, they seem to last a long time. We use Aldi batteries for everything and have no probs, I am a bit of an Aldi freak :)

Aldi gets plenty of our money as well but I fitted a couple of their AA's to a top end GPS yesterday and after about 10 minutes the unit stopped working. I checked the batteries and one of them had ruptured leaving a white mess inside my GPS. It cleaned up OK and the unit appears to be working fine now with new batteries but it has made me think twice about using them in high end electrical gear.

Magilla said:
belladonna said:

Aldi gets plenty of our money as well but I fitted a couple of their AA's to a top end GPS yesterday and after about 10 minutes the unit stopped working. I checked the batteries and one of them had ruptured leaving a white mess inside my GPS. It cleaned up OK and the unit appears to be working fine now with new batteries but it has made me think twice about using them in high end electrical gear.

Magilla,
lucky that you checked your GPS, maybe you had a faulty battery. It's something to keep a check on.
We use the batteries in both our GPS units and have had no issues.
Hopefully you will have no further problems.

TenOunce Tone said:
As I dont have Aldi up in cairns.. if anyone down south has the means to grab one gor me, i will fix you up for costs and postage. Pm if able to help me out.

Cheers Tone

Hi TOT, I'm here in Cairns and would like to get an idea of how to arrange to get out to Palmer River.

My girl is a big fan of Aldi, and when I told her they had sold metal detectors in the past, she was straight onto it. It took them a while to reply to her email, but they have just confirmed that they will be selling detectors again this January. They didn't give an exact date or price, but it is the same unit, and in all stores til sold out.

Latest posts