PL in Victoria

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goldtarget

(AKA OldGT)
Reaction score
Bit of a long day in a longer pursuit, dealing in the areas of PLs I can tell you for a novice is no easy task. So I'm putting it out there has anyone been through this process recently, and can offer some advice. It seems pretty clear cut that most crown land is a MASSIVE uphill battle and private land requires alot of financial outlay (alot more capital than your average one man operation can put aside). I'll keep putting my dreams uppermost but without a suitable backer or multi share input I might have to wait for the tattslotto to pay off. Small scale alluvial would have to be pretty high bearing to justify the outlay, seems its geared toward small scale hardrock with a good chance of return. Have land available, machinery to excavate, options for wash plant, stumbling at this hurdle. Interested to hear from anyone who's gone down this path whether in theory or to actual granting of a PL and commenced/done works.

Going large scale with a team obviously has a greater advantage of hitting it bigger, but it would also have its pitfalls if you put everything in and still hit nothing. I feel that using a home built semi-plant that fits onto a trailer would be much better than going for the machines as the rental and repairs will be the thing that kills the game in the end. The semi-plant also limits where you can go and what you can move as well. We all wish that we could go big, you need a massive bond with the people you are doing it with. I'll still be keeping small scale, but if I was offered the chance to help out in someones team / adventure I would quite happily join in, but would not consider the endeavor of large scale unless I was fully funded and secure.

I know this hadn't answered your question, but have bumping it up in the forum so you may get a better reply. I also hope I have not gotten confused, but you are meaning PL as in leases?

More or less mate. All the equipment I own is easily transported, and the opportunities to go even larger are there within reach if the ground proved rich enough. Trying a different tact to contact others who have been down this path to see what they can impart. Safe to say I'm not itching to make it happen, but I've not died wondering thus far on any of my crazy dreams. Survived South America for twelve months pre internet I'm sure washing some rocks won't be as challenging. Thanks again AR.

Latest posts