Crushing Quartz with fine gold the easy way

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another excellent machine for crushing ore and samples! The belt drive must make it nicer on the drive shaft not being directly connected to the unit. I will have to make one of these one day but will have to be a petrol driven motor as I dont have a genny yet. Great color that came out there too :D

Thanks Atomrat,
Yes I'm not a fan of direct drive either mate.
Petrol engine yes we use a 9Hp and a 15Hp on the other crushers. Belt driven also, here's a pic of the 15Hp crusher

1411262526_image.jpg

Howdy armstrong, any plans for a sluice box attachment for the base of your crushers and or a dry blower, for the recovery process, i have plans to set up a 10' sluice box at the base of my crusher so i can process strait out from the disintigrater, but mine is not portable like the ones you guys maufacture just wondering if you had any plans to attach something along these lines. :)

dwt said:
Howdy armstrong, any plans for a sluice box attachment for the base of your crushers and or a dry blower, for the recovery process, i have plans to set up a 10' sluice box at the base of my crusher so i can process strait out from the disintigrater, but mine is not portable like the ones you guys maufacture just wondering if you had any plans to attach something along these lines. :)

Hey DWT,

Yes mate totally have plans to have a dry blower attachment beneath the crushers available by the end of the year.

Thanks for that Armstrong, I've been using a crowbar in an upside down post knocker and it's a bit slow and hard work too. What size quartz rocks can the GRB 777 mini handle? Cheers.

22shells said:
Thanks for that Armstrong, I've been using a crowbar in an upside down post knocker and it's a bit slow and hard work too. What size quartz rocks can the GRB 777 mini handle? Cheers.

Hey mate,
Yes before we started building these machines be had a jackhammer in the dolly pot but was too slow for the amount of rock we needed to process.
So the mini can take rocks the size of a 20 cent piece easily, and you can process about 50kg of rock per hour with the standard 1.2mm bottom screen.

Thanks, it sounds about like what I'm looking for- electric motor and the price is about right. Only thing is I was hoping to be able to put a bit bigger rocks through it- like cricket ball size. The bigger models you make would handle the bigger rocks, but they have petrol motors and cost more. Might just have to pre-crush the rocks a bit before putting them through it? Would still be better than doing it all by hand.

22shells said:
Thanks, it sounds about like what I'm looking for- electric motor and the price is about right. Only thing is I was hoping to be able to put a bit bigger rocks through it- like cricket ball size. The bigger models you make would handle the bigger rocks, but they have petrol motors and cost more. Might just have to pre-crush the rocks a bit before putting them through it? Would still be better than doing it all by hand.

Yes only the bigger machines will be able to cope with the cricket ball size rocks.
The mini can take bit bigger than 20c piece but the bigger the rock the more wear you would be putting on your Impactor Bars. So 20c pieces bits are perfect size.
Maybe use a dolly pot to size the rocks up before going into the Mini

Yeah, that would work OK, it's not that hard to break them down to that size in a dolly pot. Smashing them up into dust takes a bit longer though. I think I might have to get a mini crusher, do you send them to S.A.?

22shells said:
Yeah, that would work OK, it's not that hard to break them down to that size in a dolly pot. Smashing them up into dust takes a bit longer though. I think I might have to get a mini crusher, do you send them to S.A.?

Hey mate, yes we sure do send to SA. If you give me your postcode I can get you a quote. There's about a 4 week waiting list at the moment for the mini. They been selling like hot cakes.
Any questions feel free to email me [email protected]

Cheers

Jake

Latest posts