stone cutting / corte de pedra Brasil

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guy does a pretty good job on that old jamb-peg type machine by the looks!

What's the first stone he cuts Joao? Is it citrine?

I see he wears a mask too - something we should probably consider doing when engaged in pre-forming. Silicosis is an unpleasant condition.

Hi Heatho,
you really understand stones! really is an imperial topaz. beautiful stone and the end result is wonderful.
Thanks mate! :)

Have been doing quite a bit of reading lately over the Winter months on valuable stones from around the world, there are so many and Imperial Topaz is a beautiful stone. The stone in the vid is amazing and the cutter also, very talented.

I wish we could find it here but I think it's extremely rare to find or even non-existant in Australia.

In a few weeks we will be heading out Sapphire hunting, will hopefully get to look for some Australian Emerald/Beryl also.

Brazil has so many fantastic gemstones. :)

Hi Heatho,
I also like to read good books and I also have a small collection of stones, I like it very much.
Here in Brazil is the imperial topaz found in only one state, the state of Minas Gerais (Minas Gerais)
Is a stone of great beauty!
I wish you good luck in your search there and hope you find good stones!
Brazil has many beautiful stones. I really wish one day you could come to Brazil, it would be a great pleasure to show you the Brazilian mines.
thank you my friend!

Must be a very rare stone if only found in one state, would certainly put a big smile on your face finding a nice big clear piece.

I would love to visit Brazil one day Joao, that is a wonderful offer, thank you mate. Same with you, if you ever come to Australia, would be great to show you around and do some digging together.

The Sapphires here are often very close to the surface and in creeks and river systems, some of the best Sapphires come from North Eastern NSW and Central Queensland in Australia. Sometimes can find them just sitting on the surface after rain when the Sun comes out. Still most of the time the digging is hard but can be rewarding.

That imperial topaz is an absolutely beautiful stone Joao! There is plenty of topaz in Australia but I have only seen colourless, blue and pink. I don't know if we get that colour here.

I will be heading out to the sapphire fields the week after next, hopefully I will dig up a few nice stones :)

exactly Heatho! is only found in a Brazilian state.
My big dream is to one day meet a wonderful country to Australia !!
Sapphires are very beautiful !! sure is very rewarding, I love it!
I wish you much luck!

Lefty, the imperial topaz is really beautiful. Here in Brazil is only found in one Brazilian state, the state of Minas Gerais.
I wish you luck in the field of sapphire and hope you find beautiful sapphires and post some pictures here in the forum!
Thank you friend. :)

Latest posts