Found In Circulation

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got this 5 cent piece a wek or so ago. Another Pre dec tribute coin.

1475397884_20161002_194003.jpg

Snap em up while you can, the head honcho from the reserve retired two weeks after the roleout of the $5 notes, so all notes produced after he retired will have a different signature, so the first run of the new $5 notes will be the ones being chased in the future by the millions of numismatist to come well and trully after us. 8) :eek:

silver said:
Snap em up while you can, the head honcho from the reserve retired two weeks after the roleout of the $5 notes, so all notes produced after he retired will have a different signature, so the first run of the new $5 notes will be the ones being chased in the future by the millions of numismatist to come well and trully after us. 8) :eek:

I have heard that the new $5 notes won't go through a change machine and ATM's it also seems that it's goig to cost millions to upgrade those machines.

Heard the samething Wishfull ,.... most people probably cant wait to get rid of them. :eek: :D

Not exactly a found more like a lost.Duty manager at work tells me he went to the bank to get some change.Teller at the bank says to him" your 50 cent pieces are the right shape this week." He replies " what do you mean" she says " oh last week we gave one of the other managers 30 round 1966 50 cent pieces and she brought them back" NoooooooooO.He asked if they still had them,but they had been sent back to the mint. NoooooooO.We were not happy as we could have purchased them for $15.

Got me curiouse so I had a look at one of those coins.
It is an off strike as well. : )
Must have been a bad batch one Friday afternoon before Knock off.

B5MECH said:
The mints standards have dropped, wollies change, an off center misstrike $2https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/6829/1476086832_1111111111111111111111111111111111111111_003.jpg

Tathradj said:
Got me curiouse so I had a look at one of those coins.
It is an off strike as well. : )
Must have been a bad batch one Friday afternoon before Knock off.

B5MECH said:
The mints standards have dropped, wollies change, an off center misstrike $2https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/6829/1476086832_1111111111111111111111111111111111111111_003.jpg
It looks like a bent die maybe, makes you wonder where QC guy lost his glasses
If me and you Tathradj, have got one if we're the only ones maybe there worth a mint 8) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Friday arvo fail :eek:

It certainly is an interesting one Numpty, oh well it's in her collection of coloured $2 coins now, hopefully there are more out there, be good to know if anyone else has found any.

scottlucky said:
Hi Silver
I was kept covered by a piece of cardboard that the relative had covered with some quotes and newspaper article that must have interested him at the time. One related to the best mare ever to race called Kincsem ( google it ) they were talking about the horses career. My guess 1880/90ish.
Westus thanks for getting the link and the book reference I happened to ask the question last night to both "the right note" as well a Downey's it will be interesting as to what they come back with.

I will chase up the book as well.

I will keep you posted.

Scotty

Any update on this note, was it the real deal?

Latest posts