Found In Circulation

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It took all but one try to get that information and whenever that happens it means there isn't much more....so I'd guess there are only two known in existence for now... Well done on the find.....could be a real money spinner... Cha-Ching $$$$$$

It appears there was an issue with the die, as there is also a fracture line across Lizzy's face (leading from her lips across her cheek), and the '4' tilted as much as it is, this may have been one of the last strikes before the die 'shattered'??

Gypsy

golddiggerart said:
Check this site out I have a link with similarities.... Missing full year and Letters...

http://www.coincommunity.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=276269

Yep actually found that site as well. But thanks to Gypsi it seems we have the as nswer as to why it happened. Now the for the big question what's it worth. What you can get for it I guess.

Edit: So it would appear that the coin is a 2004 $1.00 coin with a die fracture from the Queens face and lips. The number 4 is very faint and tilted anticlockwies to about the 11.:00 position.

M3talmiliti4 said:
Wishfull said:
M3talmiliti4 : Thanks mate but unfortunately Mrs Wishfull lays claim to that one.
It does look like a mistrike doesn't it even if was supposed to be a 4 it doesn't look right.

Well mrs Wishfull definitely has her eye in, good score :Y:

Yes she does, the coin is safely tucked away now. I had another good look at the coin just a while ago, I noticed that the coin isn't struck centrally either.

Edit: Roo side of coin :eek:

1487121167_2017-02-15_10.48.12.jpg

I encourage the kids to keep all Commemorative stamped coins, or coins with different 'faces' or 'fronts'.

Retail sees a lot of these coins in harder $ times, and then you will see them pop up in change more often, we are in that cycle now sadly.

Wishfull said:
I had another good look at the coin just a while ago, I noticed that the coin isn't struck centrally either.

Thinking back on this one Wishfull....i'd take a really clear pic and send it to... www.apcgs.com.au/

and ask for their assessment.... (there may be a small charge, but at least you will know from the horses mouth)...

Gypsy

GypsyGoldAu said:
Wishfull said:
I had another good look at the coin just a while ago, I noticed that the coin isn't struck centrally either.

Thinking back on this one Wishfull....i'd take a really clear pic and send it to... www.apcgs.com.au/

and ask for their assessment.... (there may be a small charge, but at least you will know from the horses mouth)...

Gypsy

Thanks Gypsy, will do? I have been wondering who to contact about the coin. I emailed a coin dealer in Adelaide but got no reply. :Y:

Wishfull said:
Thanks Gypsy, will do? I have been wondering who to contact about the coin. I emailed a coin dealer in Adelaide but got no reply. :Y:

I have a 'guy' i buy from in Adelaide, but would not ask him for a value, and for a number of reasons.

A lot of the value will come not from the 'error' but from the 'grading'...and may not be worth the value of the 'evaluation'...but still should be more than face value imo...who knows?...yours may have added value due to the amount of 'errors'...

Good luck finding out... :Y:

Gypsy

Latest posts