Found In Circulation

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha :D yes Gypsy i did think that but im pretty sure that will be near impossible to find in circulation :rolleyes: but ya never know. If it does happen i will definitely be buying a lotto ticket that day ;)

If you get one from a machine (good looking special numbered note) just buy a few more things to get the next #'ed notes in order to put away and save ! ;)

silver said:
If you get one from a machine (good looking special numbered note) just buy a few more things to get the next #'ed notes in order to put away and save ! ;)
And your local RSL will issue commemorative coins from unc rolls when there released :Y:

G'day just wondering if some here can help with this $1 coin my wife found in her change. The date is the point of interest as it should read 200 and something
but there is nothing really there, maybe a general outline of another zero. I know it's not in the best condition but to me it doesn't look like it has been rubbed off. My wife took these pics.

1487060372_resized_20170214_182141.jpg

1487060395_resized_20170214_182831.jpg

Cheers
Edit on closer inspection after posting it maybe a 4 but faint.

Nice 8) :D im no expert but by the photos it looks like an error from the mint, nothing else around it seems worn to that extent, and the very faint '4' seems kinda obscure as if it were a mistrike or a fault with the die maybe? Definitely doesn't seem normal too me, id be hangin on to it. Nice find Wishfull :D :Y:

Wishfull said:
M3talmiliti4 : Thanks mate but unfortunately Mrs Wishfull lays claim to that one.
It does look like a mistrike doesn't it even if was supposed to be a 4 it doesn't look right.

Well mrs Wishfull definitely has her eye in, good score :Y:

Wishfull said:
I just had another even higher blow up of it and the 4 isn't even orientated properly and I am really wondering if is anything discernable at all, the other numbers stand out perfectly as you would expect.

Yeah your right the 4 isnt orientated properly.
Have you done a google search to see if you can find anything similar?

M3talmiliti4 said:
Wishfull said:
I just had another even higher blow up of it and the 4 isn't even orientated properly and I am really wondering if is anything discernable at all, the other numbers stand out perfectly as you would expect.

Yeah your right the 4 isnt orientated properly.
Have you done a google search to see if you can find anything similar?

Yes I have been looking but nothing much so far. I did find this bit of info though.

"Incuse coins is where a part of the coins design that is NOT raised when it is actually ment to be filled with metal"
So that is a good start I guess.

After a quick search on google i couldn't find anything that resembles the date error the only thing i could find was this 2c coin on ebay that had no date stamped on the coin

www.ebay.com.au/itm/182242830117

It has potential to be worth some $$$$ but id be getting it checked by an expert or doing a little more research before determining its value.

silver might have a little more insight into what it might be, or where you might be able to find a little more info on it.

Sorry to put ya on the spot silver but im sure alot will agree that you are the go to man for all things everything :rolleyes: :cool: :D

M3talmiliti4 said:
silver might have a little more insight into what it might be, or where you might be able to find a little more info on it.

Sorry to put ya on the spot silver but im sure alot will agree that you are the go to man for all things everything :rolleyes: :cool: :D
Had a look M3 and found an error site, a few pictures but you need to read fast (ha).
http://www.australian-coins.com/error-coins/australian-decimal-error-coins/
:D
not necessarily what we are looking for, but interesting non the less. :party:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/291954020902?rmvSB=true

Here is one exactly the same....Missing number after the 200 sold for $25 but if I were to put it on Ebay I would start bidding at around $100+ and would also have a buy now for $500+ No idea what the real worth is because they could be rarer than rare to find....Yours and the one that sold on EBay may be the only two in existence which would make the 100+ - $1000+ and the $500+ - $5000+ ....

Actually seller did a shifty on this deal...

Feedback From Buyer/price When
Negative feedback rating
Won auction, paid 10 minutes of auction ending. No communication. Canceled item
-***a ( 220Teal star icon for feedback score in between 100 to 499) During past 6 months
Rare Australian $1 One Dollar Coin Mint Error Miss Strike Missing Year (#291954020902) AU $25.00

Latest posts