Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice one Bazza. T, I'd get a tester mate, for $20 or $30, considering the value of Diamonds........ They very well could be, clear stones are the hardest to distinguish by eye and when small other tests like SG are impossible for amatuers.

Back on topic, I bought some new Dr Martens boots.

[video=480,360]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dhg_QIyMxZw[/video]

Got this at rays outdoors today for $40!
2FFC13E6-2B0E-48C0-BBCB-E8FCF0B1B0B8_zpstovsoajj.jpg

GoldDigg,

I like your Kobalt shovel.

I also saw another post regarding the Fiskars Ergonomic, indications is it will take quite a beating. I was using a square nose shovel last week and it was hell in the river gravel, especially where it has set hard and has larger stones in it.

I also like the idea of the longer handle as my lower back can play up (yes pussy Phantom again)

Any feedback from other uses.

1402892281_fiskars_shovel.jpg

Phantom

Mate I was going to start a "I love this shovel" thread!! Ive gone throught about 6 shovels this past year amd this is the one. Perfect length for me 6 foot 3. Its deep sharp rounded amd tough cant fault it. My only concern is the wood it feels too light to me and I expect ill break it but that nothing new. The heads what makes a good shovel and theres no sacrifice in leverage with the angle im fully converted.
1402892980_2014-06-16_14.29.39.jpg

1402910785_photo.jpg

Picked up the new "CUB Brumby Camper" today. Can't wait till end start of next month to head bush for some detecting relief. Pictured at front of Bendigo Gold where the bride picked up her new Minelab CTX 3030. I reckon we are even now :)

Well done DD73, I have had a rear fold for some years and love it.
Head on over to "MYSWAG" forums, they have a thread dedicated to mods for the CUB's.

Phantom said:
GoldDigg,

I like your Kobalt shovel.

I also saw another post regarding the Fiskars Ergonomic, indications is it will take quite a beating. I was using a square nose shovel last week and it was hell in the river gravel, especially where it has set hard and has larger stones in it.

I also like the idea of the longer handle as my lower back can play up (yes pussy Phantom again)

Any feedback from other uses.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/2603/1402892281_fiskars_shovel.jpg

Phantom
These are brilliant you can go all day with one of these and not break your back like some I've tried before. Got mine from Bunnings :D

When workin in a shallow creek I always use a pelican pick,greatest invention ever. I was always taught that a square mouth shovel was used for throwing and a round mouth shovel was for digging. I must admit that I love the look of that shovel especially if it had a metal handle.
Mackka

holy crap 12 days no prospecting what will you do....... 8) oh yeh drink out of coconuts with little umbrellas and eat like a king.... have fun mate

A new phone. Which ironically was about the same price i wanted to spend on another detector. However the chief minister of finances was not at all keen on the detector, but was quite ok with the phone. But the phone will cost money i pleaded. But it feel on deaf ears. Still its a nice phone. Can't wait to give it a test drive. And a classifier. That's as close as i got.

I just bought myself that Ace250,
Ill finally be puting all those youtube lessons to the test this weekend.
Im all excited like a little kid :p ... :8

A Macbook Pro ...... not sure if it's the correct decision or not just yet, pretty steep learning curve trying to forget the Windows way of doing things.
Have at least gotten this far, just have to figure out how to bookmark pages.
Oh, and look like I'll be forking out my hard-earned on a new SDC come 28th ..... still not 100% convinced but getting close.
Cheers Tom

Latest posts