Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gpx5000 said:
The SP01 won't last long underwater :lol:
It's for the 4500, which has paid for everything. :goldnugget:
Don't need to swim Jaros, just need a real good wet suit to walk the creeks in winter.
The Skuba tecta is for my son, the next 3 birthdays and Christmas's is covered now. :playful:

yesterday actually, I bought a 2nd hand medieval knights suit of armour including a 9ft (2.75m) spear or pike
not a display piece, but a real reproduction, including the chainmail shirt & skirt
I aim to join up with the Medieval Re-enactment group in my area
its in need of some TLC as it has been stored in 2 suitcases in a shed for a long time & some parts are showing a fair amount of surface rust.
Otherwise its in very good condition & the leatherwork is ok
It will also look pretty cool hanging on a stand in the corner of my loungeroom between uses. :cool:
cost me $800
1556678984_armour_1.jpg

Hi folks,
Been a tad busy of late, too many jobs to be done around the place. Mixed up amongst all of that, we have been embracing our efforts with Asian style cooking and building an outdoor cooking area from a re-purposed old five burner bar-b-q that was destined for the next council bulk garbage pick-up.
Not having a half reasonable knife for preparing the many vegetables and meat I lashed out and purchased the real deal by way of an Asian cutting cleaver, wow is that bad boy sharp, it has just the right amount of weight to it and makes cut food preparation a breeze, just got to be "VERY" careful to keep the pinkies well away from the cutting edge. Next item on the bucket list is a high pressure wok burner, it should arrive next week all being well; once the set-up is up and running I will post a picture or two.
1556686696_ats_02.jpg

Cheers, SinHof.

Ded Driver said:
yesterday actually, I bought a 2nd hand medieval knights suit of armour including a 9ft (2.75m) spear or pike
not a display piece, but a real reproduction, including the chainmail shirt & skirt
its in need of some TLC as it has been stored in 2 suitcases in a shed for a long time & some parts are showing a fair amount of surface rust.
It will also look pretty cool hanging on a stand in the corner of my loungeroom between uses. :cool:
cost me $800
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/12692/1556678984_armour_1.jpg

Better wear it out on the bike DD.

Redfin said:
Ded Driver said:
cost me $800

Better wear it out on the bike DD.
haha too true Redfin .. that comment came up at my daughters place :lol:

I bought this for Kate on Friday, the boys and I gave it to her this morning to say she is happy is an understatement :) scored a heap of browny points :beer:
1557638137_img_20190512_151227.jpg

1557638158_img_20190512_151244.jpg

1557638178_img_20190512_151302.jpg

I also grabbed a 1kg bag of shot and 1/2kg bag of burnishing compound. Now all I need to do to bag the trifecta of browny points is to buy an assortment of polishing compounds and both Kate and I are set :D

RM Outback said:
I bought this for Kate on Friday, the boys and I gave it to her this morning to say she is happy is an understatement :) scored a heap of browny points :beer:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/7093/1557638137_img_20190512_151227.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/7093/1557638158_img_20190512_151244.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/7093/1557638178_img_20190512_151302.jpg

I also grabbed a 1kg bag of shot and 1/2kg bag of burnishing compound. Now all I need to do to bag the trifecta of browny points is to buy an assortment of polishing compounds and both Kate and I are set :D
Hey RM..you can use a teaspoon of bicarb soda instead of burnishing powder when you run out...It works just as good if not better and it's a lot cheeper...Just leave it in the tumbler with the water for a minute or two before you close the lid..If you don't it can build up small amount of pressure. :Y:

Cheers Smoky :beer: it does say not to use bicarb soda I'd say for the reason you mentioned regarding building up pressure. Pretty sure the burnishing compound cost $12.00 bucks or there abouts. I'll do some price comparison and give it a go :Y:

Latest posts