Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mackka said:
Hey 2000 model does that mean it is 18 years old? Sorry I am not a car person, I just put petrol in , drive it and service it when it tells me to.
Mackka

Here's one for you Mackka........?
1539605503_jeep_funny.jpg

Mackka said:
Hey 2000 model does that mean it is 18 years old? Sorry I am not a car person, I just put petrol in , drive it and service it when it tells me to.
Mackka

Yeah I did that, pumped in 100L then got a sniff of it as I swung the gun into the rear tank, that's when I realised it should have been diesel.. :8 First time in my life I did that so I spent the next half hour lying on the service station driveway switching hoses so that I could draw fuel from the unpolluted tank.. :)

Today I borrowed a tilt-tray truck and went and picked up my new toy-ota.

1539612194_toy-ota_forklift2.jpg

It's only a baby, 0.5T lift and 960KG overall weight.

1539612326_toy-ota_forklift1.jpg

I've only taken a few select pieces of gear to our new house but the one bit of workshop equipment I was really going to miss was my forklift that I have to leave in Capel. This little baby is small enough to hide in the corner of my limited shed space and it's on petrol so no problems trying to fill an LPG cylinder. :) :Y:

Mackka said:
Hey MB I reckon you had to buy that just to be able to lift your gold storage box :p :p
Mackka

Wouldn't that be nice... There's a guy next door right now who's sorting through a few thousand of Sandra's bottles so hopefully he'll head home with enough to make a noticable difference. He was telling me about how he scrapes and detects with a D9 and 6m blade. He reckons he has about 30kg of gold.

The beginning to the end of my tyre problems I hope.....

1539673585_hankook_tyres_amp_wheels.jpg

We've gone up from 35" to 37" tyres to get the higher load rating. These are load rated 129Q that gives me 1850 kg per tyre. It's the same load rating as the bias ply tyres that we run now but being radials they should be a lot more highway friendly. I'd prefer to have a highway tread but the mud tyres have a higher load rating.

ctxkid said:
nice rubber :cool:

shite you were quick painting the forklift :playful: :playful: looks as good as new :perfect: :playful:

HaHa, the tyres have just arrived at my son's workshop in Perth and yes that forklift is near new. My forklift will need a new set of tyres because it's on solids. Even though most of our yard in Cue is surfaced solids are useless when you hit a bit of gravel. The drive tyres are ok because they are a regular size but I don't know how we're going to get in with the tiny 5" steer tyres. That old forklift has been sitting under a house for more than a year but all it needed was boost from a set of jumper leads and she fired up and ran well.

Mackka said:
Mackka
That makes it legal :100: :playful:

Latest posts