Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well done Muk ,

That should make great picks for sure,

Post pictures when you have done some,

Would love to see the finish job,

Goody

In my never ending quest for bush tyres I came across these Haulmax ATT304 14 ply steel belted radials and bought a set to try out.
With temperatures rising in the Pilbara might not see many more extended trips this year only a few hours out in the mornings.
Nice chunky tread. Look the part and will see how they hold up next season.

1538117752_img_2191.jpg

1538117753_img_2195.jpg

Gday all knocked up my first pick out of the ag points I scored should get quite a few out of each point I think it came out pretty good gave it to a work mate who is just getting into prospecting/detecting he was very happy with it cheers Muk.
1538120241_d3e823fb-383d-47c6-911b-ab358cef8a2e.jpg

1538120242_99c9a631-e6df-4a31-bc00-18432fbda0da.jpg

Jackthehound said:
In my never ending quest for bush tyres I came across these Haulmax ATT304 14 ply steel belted radials and bought a set to try out.
With temperatures rising in the Pilbara might not see many more extended trips this year only a few hours out in the mornings.

hey Jackthehound, where did you source those tyres from & whats the cost?
I too am looking for a new set of rugged offroad tyres for my 2nd set of rims & don't really want to go split rim/bias as Im not going toooo extreme cross-country (yet)

Ded Driver said:
Jackthehound said:

hey Jackthehound, where did you source those tyres from & whats the cost?
I too am looking for a new set of rugged offroad tyres for my 2nd set of rims & don't really want to go split rim/bias as Im not going toooo extreme cross-country (yet)

yeah they look interesting,14 ply,they are tubeless hey?

I bought (a week ago actually) a set of Toyo A/T Open Country tyres to try, mainly as tourer & sand/gravel road. They have big side walls (20mm bigger diameter than the BFG A/T). I ran on them out to Kalgoorlie this last week & im currently 50/50 happy with them. Im not overly impressed with them on bitumen, they are a bit vague & wander around shifting with the road ridges & hollows. I have just had all new steering & suspension joints/bushes replaced so that's not the cause, & the BFGs track really well. The Toyo ran really well on gravel roads as expected, given the wide open circumferential grooves, & had well controlled drift when cornering. Next up is to see how well they climb sand dunes, & as they ran well on gravel, my experience with tyres is that they should go well in the sand, probably better when the tread depth wears down a little.
1538187533_toyo_at_open_country_reduced.jpg

Ive been looking at these as my next set of tyres, I like the tread pattern and high sidewalls. Will be interested in hearing your ongoing review.

I have a set of these on my Camper Trailer. Went around OZ in 2007 towing her and no probs at all. Very minimal wear and towed nicely carrying a reasonably load including 3 20ltr jerry cans, LPG Gas bottle and a 60ltr water tank. You will be happy with them.
Jaros :pickshovel:

Jaros said:
I have a set of these on my Camper Trailer. Went around OZ in 2007 towing her and no probs at all. Very minimal wear and towed nicely carrying a reasonably load including 3 20ltr jerry cans, LPG Gas bottle and a 60ltr water tank. You will be happy with them.
Jaros :pickshovel:

In 2007 you say Jaros. Do you still have them on there? Do you know tyres have a definitive life (age) of approx. 6-8yrs? The manufacture date can be found on the sidewall.
quote "The date of manufacture is the last four digits of the DOT code. The first two digits are the week of manufacture, and the last two digits are the year. For example, if the last four digits of the DOT code are 0203, that means that the tire was manufactured during the second week of the year 2003"

If you go far any time soon you should be very wary of running those tyres. The rubber oxidises & deteriorates over time. This can lead to side wall blow-outs (wrong pressure contributes too), a common problem you see with caravan & trailers on the side of the road.
Its a good idea for camper trailers (& offroad caravans where possible) to run the same tyre size as your vehicle so you can utilise the full life of the tyre by rotating on your vehicle, handy if you have matching rims/hubs, but otherwise swapping the rubber out on your vehicle rims.
Hope you have safe happy camping trips, but watch those tyres.

Jackthehound said:
Ded Driver I got them from East Pilbara Tyre Service in Newman. $260 and they come with a split rim tube and liner so I just gave them to my mate that runs splits. They are tubeless Goldchaser1, a bit noisy on bitumen but thats not what I bought them for.

JTHound, any idea if (being radials) they can be run on regular rims, or are they so stiff they have to be fitted to a split rim?

just re-read what I wrote & thought about what you said. " They are tubeless", so that answers my question

Jackthehound said:
Ded Driver I got them from East Pilbara Tyre Service in Newman. $260 and they come with a split rim tube and liner so I just gave them to my mate that runs splits. They are tubeless Goldchaser1, a bit noisy on bitumen but thats not what I bought them for.
Hi Jack, any chance of chucking a few pics and a bit of info in the tyre thread down in the 4x4 and camper section?
They look not half bad and being radials will have appeal if doing a fair bit of bitumen.

Hi Jack, any chance of chucking a few pics and a bit of info in the tyre thread down in the 4x4 and camper section?
They look not half bad and being radials will have appeal if doing a fair bit of bitumen.

Will do Madtuna