Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G0lddigg@ said:
awesome Tom what a great find those eyes are serving you well

Well 1 eye anyway ......
Will frame a few for the study and probably sell off/swap a few.
Have since found out the "Old Racecourse" is one of the old names for the area around Daylesford/Hepburn Springs around 150 years ago.
Good to see your mats going well,
Cheers T.

got this in the post today
1533803850_digger.jpg

Gilly47, for a moment Thought you were going to say you bought a bag of 4 hex head tent screw pegs from the shark tank tv man for $50 and perhaps one of those hexagonal yuppie tents, there better than the rest, because they are made out of canvas , lol

Smokey make sure you use good oil in the 2stroke mix :Y:
keep the air filter clean :Y:
and regularly check that all nuts , bolts and screws are tight :Y:
and don't leave fuel in it for extended periods between uses :Y:
and it will be fine :cool:
it will shite itself quickly if neglected ;)

ctxkid said:
Cheers Mate.
Same thing alot of reviews have said..Plan on changing the fuel hoses to good quality ones straight away and putting a good chain on it when its needed..Wack a bit of locktite in most nuts and screws..Fix the little problems before they happen :Y: :Y:

Smoky bandit said:
ctxkid said:
Cheers Mate.
Same thing alot of reviews have said..Plan on changing the fuel hoses to good quality ones straight away and putting a good chain on it when its needed..Wack a bit of locktite in most nuts and screws..Fix the little problems before they happen :Y: :Y:
yeah i forgot the fuel lines, crap chinese rubber, as for the chain, keep it sharp and use it, most clutches fail and bars wear out because the user cannot sharpen the chain :Y: :Y:
blunt = heat = wear and failure ;)
i seen lots of these saws before i retired (Stihl tech) , the looked after ones are still going

On the subject of chainsaws, I just picked up one of these.

https://www.husqvarna.com/au/products/chainsaws/440-e-series-ii/967651401/

Except that I got a good deal on the 440 series 2 (not the e series). The only difference is that the one I got has manual chain tension adjust, not the tool less version.

At 150 a load of wood, it does not take too many loads to be in front. I'm getting a lesson on Friday with a mate who is an expert chainsaw operator, and have access to some common land with plenty of dead black wattle on it.

1534291503_chainsaw.jpg

Go and get yourself a pair of chapps. Kevlar covering for your jeans. I have seen these stall a chainsaw going flat out and all that happened to the blokes leg was a blood blister. It saved him loosing his leg and possibly his life. Chainsaws are one of the most dangerous machines you can have without a licence. Take care.

Latest posts