Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay folks,

We've pulled up at Theodore for the night on the way down to see our son at Brisbane for a couple of days.

1523519537_hoteltheo.jpg
:party:

Here is a pic of most of the stuff we bought today, didn't unpack any of it as the car is full as it is. Missing is the hipstick and medium size Gold Digger Pick. :Y: :Y: :D ]:D :party:

1523519642_xmas.jpg

This means Carol gets to use the SDC fulltime now. :Y:
Cheers

Doug and Carol

I just bought one of these ARB High Output Compressor Kits, I still have my other brand Twin Pump compressor but I wanted to see how good the ARB compressors are and after testing it they put out more power than it says in the manual or on many websites, and when I checked out on ARB's website it clearly states that they do put out more @ 87.2L / 3.08cfm, My 150L compressor might have the edge only just but the ARB is a great piece of kit, I also bought the Tyre Gauge and the EZ Deflator and some other bits a couple of months back which makes Airing Up a joy to do.

It took my Tyres from 15psi to 31psi in ONE minute and in 2 minutes it was at 43/44psi. Considering I run my tyres at 32psi means it will pump them up in about 1m 03 seconds, Awesome.

1523519799_arb_compressor_kit.jpg

Jaros said:
Nice to have a good compressor. :Y:

Yeah Jaros, back in 2003 I bought one of those American TruckAir 275's which were the first major 12v compressors and at the time the were the Beez Kneez but in comparison they are mega slow, What these modern compressors do in 2 minutes the TruckAir takes 12+ minutes to achieve, I still have it still in it's original Box as good as new, But the price was about the same as the Twin Pump compressor that I bought a couple of months back,

The new ARB cost me roughly about $364.00, Which is a fair price I think, ;)

Rockhunter62 said:
Okay folks,

We've pulled up at Theodore for the night on the way down to see our son at Brisbane for a couple of days.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/7504/1523519537_hoteltheo.jpg :party:

Here is a pic of most of the stuff we bought today, didn't unpack any of it as the car is full as it is. Missing is the hipstick and medium size Gold Digger Pick. :Y: :Y: :D ]:D :party:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/7504/1523519642_xmas.jpg

Cheers

Doug and Carol

Oohhhh very, very nice. Lots of gold for you two now, no excuses. :Y: :Y: :Y: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Flowerpot said:
Rockhunter62 said:
Okay folks,

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/7504/1523519537_hoteltheo.jpg :party:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/7504/1523519642_xmas.jpg

Cheers

Doug and Carol

Oohhhh very, very nice. Lots of gold for you two now, no excuses. :Y: :Y: :Y: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ahh Pot (sounds asian doesn't it) :rolleyes: ,

You have to remember that finding the gold is only a bonus. The gold part of our life now is to spend time together in the great outback of Australia instead of Carol being at home and me travelling Aust and the world providing for the family. It's our time now and bugger the kids inherirence. :Y:

But it's always nice to find some. :)

Cheers

Doug and Carol

Jaros said:
I have the Thumper from 4x4 Supercentre=happy with that. Lot less than the ARB model.

Well funny you should say that because I have spent the last couple of weeks trying to buy the Thumper and their new Twin Piston 260L version they have just bought out but I just can't get my hands on one,

My Twin generic compressor is a beast but I would like to give that new Thumper a whirl, I was going to buy the ARB Twin Compressor but in reality this ARB single is plenty fast, I don't think a person needs to spend that kind of dough to have a good compressor, personally I think the Thumper and my Twin are the best bang for the Buck, mbasko has one like it,

One thing I did was Torque up the head bolts to 34inlb on the generic Twin compressor and I drilled out the hose adapter from 3.5 mm to 4,5mm because there was burrs in there and it has allowed the airflow t be better and run cooler, if the heads are not torqued evenly it can cause air leaks which causes it to run hot. ;) :Y:

Rockhunter62 said:
Flowerpot said:
Rockhunter62 said:
Okay folks,

Cheers

Doug and Carol

Ahh Pot (sounds asian doesn't it) :rolleyes: ,

You have to remember that finding the gold is only a bonus. The gold part of our life now is to spend time together in the great outback of Australia instead of Carol being at home and me travelling Aust and the world providing for the family. It's our time now and bugger the kids inherirence. :Y:

But it's always nice to find some. :)

Cheers

Doug and Carol

Congrats on the new member of the family, Very much a Bucket list Item, well done.

Rockhunter62 said:
Thanks folks, won't get to use it until we get to WA in May. But I intend to try and wear it out while we are there. :Y:

Cheers

Doug and Carol
Great machine and you will have enough time lifting schooners to build your arm muscles up ;) there not real light but after two or three day trips the weight seems ok even more so if your getting gold :D

Latest posts