Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mackka that is the smartest thing I have seen in years . I have been pushing the NSW guys for exactly that since 2-3 years ago and they did nothing like that , that's perfect !

If that was developed in the eastern states they would make it illegal when they saw how good it is .

7.62marksman said:
Down here we get $48.00 per ton
waste of time at the moment

If selling scrap they pay up to $250 per tonne lately if it's "HM" or "HM-1" which means heavy / concentrated / high density .

The way to make it HM is to cut it into pieces under 1 meter long , many scrappies will try to con you but tell them it's under 1 meter and ask will they pay HM , and some of them WILL pay you the higher rate.

Many dealers will pay higher prices for "furnace cushion" which is large volumes of swarf from lathes or drills which they put into the bottom of furnaces to protect it when they drop heavy blocks of steel into it .

If selling non ferrous you get a higher price if it's seperated into pure form meaning you remove steel bolts or rivets out of aluminium , and seperate out cast Ali from Ali extrusions etc

contamination of any material reduces the kilo price .

I phone around to see who is paying the best price before i do a scrap run from my business because they all vary up and down from month to month , I might take my offcuts bins 3 - 5 times a year and price can vary 30-50 % which is significant on $ 700 - 1400 a time .

Some scrap dealers will scam you every time but most will be honest and fair to the letter except that their prices can be a yo yo , and this is often due to stock levels in their yards versus overseas buying momentum.

It pays to phone around :)

To day I just received my new pinpoint garret pro can't wait to use it I can feel a sick tomorrow sorry boss
1503979242_image.jpg

shane_vor said:
7.62marksman said:
Got this in the mail today to keep my baby safe and warn when not in use ($58.00 ebay)
Any chance of a link to this or similar item? (I'm looking to get a new detector soon and will need a case of some sort.) :Y:

just cut and past the the stuff below into EBay it will bring it up

NEW Portable Aluminum Hard Gun Case Safe Rifle Shooting Hunting Carry Box

Latest posts