Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just bought a New Leupold Spotting Scope and a Bushnell ConX Range Finder and a Leupold Thermal Imaging Scope and a set of Leupold Tactical Binoculars,

The Spotting Scope I bought is the dark brown version because Black stands out too much in the Bush.

1487758434_leupold-gold-ring-12-40x60mm-kit.jpg

Northeast said:
Ridge Runner - whatcha doin' with all that gear? Sambar? Panthers? Yeti? It's good looking stuff :Y: :Y:

I do shoot Deer when I can get up there but I also Target shoot, I do have the Bushnell version of this scope and it has the Mil-dot Reticle in it and I also have a set of the Leupold Mark 4' 10x50s which also have the Mil-dot RET in them and these New Bino's also have a Mil-dot RET in them.

https://www.leupold.com/tactical/binoculars/bx-2-tactical-binoculars/bx-2-tactical-10x42mm/

John.

Jaros said:
Northeast said:
Ridge Runner - whatcha doin' with all that gear? Sambar? Panthers? Yeti? It's good looking stuff :Y: :Y:
Real name Mick Taylor??? W.A. Kanga Shooter. :p :p :p ]:D 8)

I heard some funny stories back in the day when I use to go out west shooting, Those were the days No Red Tape.

John.

Northeast said:

I took the Thermal Imager out last night and it was picking up small cars and other heat sources as far as I could see with the naked eye in the day time, which is about 700 yards,

Thanks Jaros, I missed that happening,

John.

Very nice RR. Just watched the video link you sent through. My next question that popped into my head was "can I mount this thing on my rifle"? The very next video answered that - yes but not easily and there are better options.

Thanks for the links. I think I'll be putting some pennies aside - will be very useful for minimizing spot light use during fox shooting :Y:

Northeast said:
Very nice RR. Just watched the video link you sent through. My next question that popped into my head was "can I mount this thing on my rifle"? The very next video answered that - yes but not easily and there are better options.

Thanks for the links. I think I'll be putting some pennies aside - will be very useful for minimizing spot light use during fox shooting :Y:

Last night I took it out and it could see the heat from small compact cars that were driving away from me at over 600 yards and out past 700 yards, But you might think that a car is a large object But you have to remember that it was only seeing the 2" exhaust pipe and the heat from the Tyres of the Back of the Car. so it is pretty good for what it is and the size of it is brilliant,

John.

I have the 55" from Kogan -has an LG Screen-just hope the innards last it out-have a 5 yr warranty. Paid about $80 bucks more for that. Also have a Bose Solo5 soundbar. :cool: :Y:
Jaros

Jaros said:
I have the 55" from Kogan -has an LG Screen-just hope the innards last it out-have a 5 yr warranty. Paid about $80 bucks more for that. Also have a Bose Solo5 soundbar. :cool: :Y:
Jaros
Good buy there Jaros. We have the same TV but we have a Sony sound bar still good sound. I'd love to have a Bose system.
Only problem I have with the TV is that if you download apps on it especially catchup tv it's soooo sloooow, it's like it doesn't have enough memory. I just run my laptop with a cable to the tv when I run catchup, it works well.

Decided to get rid of the 65" hd tv and get
A 50" hisense 3d smart tv (smart that is the important word in this post)
That was my first mistake
Took 2 hours to work out how to tune the stations in (should have got a kid to do it)
Beautiful picture and sound
Wifi set up still cant get on the net to watch utube or catch up tv so beat that problem hooked up the laptop again (now how do you find hdmi1 40 min later yep found it)
Every time you pick up the remote the security cameras go into skitzo mode funny but my remote surround sound system does the same thing as well now
technology don't you just love it
Might take a year or so to work it out but gives me something to do at night
I know what you are thinking read the book stupid that being said (think the dog ate it)
no got it second hand and it had no book
Will down load one later tonight its not going to beat me

Yep that's why I bought wired security cameras cos they don't interfere with wifi. I can still hook up to the internet so I can check the house on my mobile but if you do that anyone can hack your cctv cameras.
Smart tv is a bad marketing use of the word smart
Maybe like you said 7.62 I should have let the kids set it up.
It's all getting too hard.

Latest posts