Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cairnspom said:
7an7 said:
Hi NeilM where did you get the boots I am looking for a good pair and love my oils high top slip on for work need some for prospecting.cheers

Online search for "The Boot Warehouse"

Just bought a pair of non-metal Olivers from them

made right here in Ballarat :) Proud Australian history, they make all the boots for our fire fighters
scan0035_original.jpg
BOOTFACRE.jpg

" Oliver Footwear, Australias leading Safety Footwear Manufacturer owes its origins to gold mining in the Victorian provincial city of Ballarat.

In the mid 1800s, our founder James Oliver, came to the goldfields of Ballarat; then amongst the richest alluvial and underground mining fields in the world.

His quest for the elusive nuggets was unsuccessful, so he returned to the trade of boot-making which he had learned in the U.K. "

http://www.oliver.com.au/about_us.htm

Thursday I bought a USSR made binocular microscope... wasn't sure if it was any good but after getting it home and looking it up... turns out it has about 8X magnification (I think I read 8.25) and seems to work quite well. Kids have had a bit of a look through it and it might make my very tiny bits of gold seem a bit more respectable ;)
Either way... not bad for $35.
1457158650_binocular_microscope.jpg

1457158651_magnified_gems_crystals.jpg

julie0616 said:
I bought kingdetector this morning. it is for my boy. he likes metal detecting.
if you are interest in, you could have a look at kingdetector.com/md1009a-educating-metal-detector-p-47.html
I bought a detector in that shop before. it is easy handling and with cheap price.
I bought toy one for cheaper price at KMart. I never bought a detector in that shop before or since :lol:

G0lddigg@ said:
didn't exactly buy but pre ordered the new samsung galaxy 7, has a expandable memory to 200gb records 3d movies :) and comes with a samsung gear vr (virtual reality)

http://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/wearables/gear-vr/images/gear-vr_feature_compatibility.jpg

I've used/currently have google cardboard and an oculus DK2... both are a lot of fun... getting the Gear VR as part of the phone pre-order is an excellent way to be able to play with VR... have fun! (also for a bit of fun you can download google cardboard/cardboard camera... it allows you to take panoramic images that it stitches together and makes a 360o video from them... with sound. Not sure how to covert them to youTube 360 or if it's possible but still fun to use with the phone).

With many Dick Smith stores going into receivership including our local store, they are offering some pretty drastic discounts on remaining stock if you get the opportunity. Picked up some rechargeable 9v batteries, cordless phone set, emergency USB recharger, plier/wire cutter set, and laptop bag for up to 60% discount on most of those items. :)

Had a chat with the poor chap working there, and he will be out of a job in a few weeks, really felt sorry for him. :(

Back to Bunnings to buy ribbed matting and blue (claytons Moss?) mat.

Blue mat was listed at $39.90 per m "Clearance Special" . Salesperson stated they will not be getting any more ? so I got a bit extra.
If anyones is in the middle of a project and were relying on this source they had better jump to it.

Happy prospecting
Bob

Latest posts