Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
flaming heck mate...you will probably get a hit on fort knox on the other side of the planet with that thing... :)
Tim said:
Had a fart around with the Bloodhound. By adjusting the null and the ground balance, on manual, I have it picking up a flagon lid at a foot, chicken wire at 3 feet and a thumping signal on a buried 4 inch steel pipe at 4 feet. Those air tests should actually be better in-ground with this thing, I think.

Got my 4 inch BH coil yesterday- no tecta yet- so jerry-rigged the BH board to it. Jeez there a handy unit them Tracker IVs. Detects 2 grams of flour gold at 4 inches, has tone setting, and disc/ notches out steel without much disc while losing zero sensitivity. :) :) :)
Hopefully I can run this thing to pick up goldies and leave pulltabs and twist-tops behind.

blisters said:
Just bought a wx15 $749 delivered from these guys:

http://haughton.com.au/honda-wx15-transfer-pump/

I needed a pump by the end of next week but was not successful on ebay so just bit the bullet, couldn't argue with the price. They're $140 more in Canberra and they won't budge on price so my money's off to SA :D
Jon

spewin you missed that ebay pump mate ... how much did it go for? congrats on the new pump thought..... my advice put some cheap oil in run it for a while dump it and use honda oil.

Thanks G0lddigg@ it went for around 380 but probably would have exceeded 400 if I got to rebid in time. In the end being in Canberra not much comes up so usually you have to freight an unseen item interstate so i judt bit the bullet. Will heed your advice re: oil. I was thinking of looking for a wet end and bolting it to my gen motor but just looked at it and it is 11hp so a little bigger than I remembered.
Jon

fair call mate its hard to buy something you cant touch. that gx160 they're worth $360 alone depending on how flogged it is, you never know thought at least you now have anew toy with a new warranty.

4 year warranty as well. There is another pump ex firery I put an offer in for and he came to $550 delivered but I figured the extra 200 for the warranty and peace of mind was worth the extra.
Jon

Got this new book today. :)

1454193073_image.jpeg

1454193106_image.jpeg

It's amazing what you find if you keep your eyes open. Years ago I was working on Muloorina Station on Lake Eyre South and on the weekend we went out looking for tektites. We found a few, plus tourmalines, garnets and zircons-I still have a flawless zircon about 3x1 cm.On the flats between the sandhills. As the sandhills move over time they uncover the hard base where the gems are sitting. Also found a few garnets and tourmalines up the Cooper Creek where a sandhill intersected the creek.

LED globes for the van. 9v rechargeables for the tectas.
1454465848_100_0691.jpg

Bungee for my home-made hipstick (still refining). From the cheap shop. $11.95 for the 2x 4 foot cords, $6.50 ea for 2x adjusters and 2x locking clips.
1454465878_camera_445.jpg

Mono plugs for headphones, as my home-mades are mono sockets- I have several headphone sets with in-line volume controls that came with cheap detectors.
1454465906_camera_446.jpg

Well I bought it over a week ago but I just received my new toy today. It's not really new but it was bought new in August 2015 when the Minelab GPX4500 was on special. It's never found gold but we'll soon fix that ;)

It came with the original two coils and a Coiltec 14" Elite Mono. I'd have preferred the 11" but you don't get those choices with second hand at the right price. The guy also threw in a nice little digger that he manufactures to help with Mrs M's treasure hunting.

1455096619_dscn5336.jpg

It still has most of the new warranty as well as looking a bit too new but a bit of WA dust will soon sort that out :) Of course the problem is still there that the closest gold is 1000 km up the road. It might just have to wait until we head north in April :cool:

Awesome mate and you won't be disappointed with the 14 elite mate its a ripper coil still finds tony stuff and punches deeper

Tim said:
I am GREEN with envy MB :( ;)
How's the GMT been for you in the past, out of interest??

Hi Tim, The GMT is by far my favorite machine however it can't compete with a good PI machine in much of WA's heavily mineralized soils when looking for gold. We bought the X-Terra 705 to find more treasure but it couldn't compete with the GMT. It just had to go....

Chewy said:
Congrats MB. The gold doesn't stand a chance now. You'll be even more deadly out there. :) Don't try running over this 1 though. :p

Yes Chewy I hope we learned a valuable lesson there. It's just so easy to walk back to the vehicle and drop the detector in the shade underneath. We were very lucky last time and fortunate that we had enough ground clearance that as long as the wheel didn't destroy it we passed right over it :8

Latest posts