Gold Price Discussion

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
people started talking about the gfc 12 months before the crash history has away of repeating things the more people who take not of the situation the quicker the end will come governments all over the world are scared and for good reason poor people are always the hardest hit

wow she needs a tin foil hat heads up next time you make your one make her one and send it over to her :p

richo966 said:
wow she needs a tin foil hat heads up next time you make your one make her one and send it over to her :p

Sad thing is, all the people with the heads in the sand will be getting one in the exposed area.

Tin foil hats or not, those with the metal will be eating. The rest won't. :D

Gold seems to hitting support around $1200, good to see it on the move again
China is still buying a lot of gold, apparently more than they are declaring.
Maybe the next super power knows something we don't.

Ryan27 said:

China is now the worlds biggest importer / buyer of gold with around 1100 tonnes per annum consumption

India is second with around 900 tonnes per year , however due to the controls on gold imports into india it is estimated that a minimum 3 tonnes per month are smuggled into india.

There are moves however by the current govt to remove import controls which will annoy a certain western power

For the conspiracy theorists .. yes a certain western superpower may have been pushing the gold price down with electronic 'influences' on the futures market in order to support their dollar , however the entire picture has many many players and is mucho complicated and i wont waste 5 hours or 10 pages of black ink to put my view across.

at the end of the day it will do what the charts print.

HeadsUp said:
Ryan27 said:

China is now the worlds biggest importer / buyer of gold with around 1100 tonnes per annum consumption

India is second with around 900 tonnes per year , however due to the controls on gold imports into india it is estimated that a minimum 3 tonnes per month are smuggled into india.

There are moves however by the current govt to remove import controls which will annoy a certain western power

For the conspiracy theorists .. yes a certain western superpower may have been pushing the gold price down with electronic 'influences' on the futures market in order to support their dollar , however the entire picture has many many players and is mucho complicated and i wont waste 5 hours or 10 pages of black ink to put my view across.

at the end of the day it will do what the charts print.

Absolutely agree.

Interesting facts: Total gold production for the top 12 gold producers per country:

Country Production in Kilograms
1 China 320,000
2 United States 223,000
3 Australia 222,000
4 South Africa 197,698
5 Russian Federation 190,693
6 Peru 182,391
7 Indonesia 130,000
8 Canada 97,367
9 Uzbekistan 90,000
10 Ghana 86,000
11 Papua New Guinea 66,000
12 Brazil 60,000

Total +/-1880.000

If the two top buyers alone are taking 2000.000 tons a year the where is the rest of the gold coming from?

Maybe the this is what the Germans should ask?

Maybe why their gold is not being returned ?

Maybe why the 37 tons of the 3000.000 held by the Fed, they did get back was re-minted by the Fed.

I think the wheels are off.

Eric Sprott says

Money manager Eric Sprott contends, "Physical demand for gold is out of line with supply. How can all these new people come into this market when there has been no increase in supply . . . for the last 12 years?" Sprott's analysis shows central banks are selling to make up for the shortfall and opines, "I would hate to think what happens when we all find out there is no gold in the Treasury." Join Greg Hunter as he goes One-on-One with Eric Sprott of Sprott Asset Management

Someone please look at Gold Supply, how much gold is produced each year, if that amount is dwindling or staying level. Gold will almost always gravitate towards the average weekly income....unless of course supply is significantly increased or decreased. There will be a lag effect with the liquidation of gold reserves, however if supply was ever to start to significantly decrease....you will find a time when gold will be worth more than diamonds. Hard to fathom however appears to be only a matter of time.

That's my take on the price of gold, I could be wrong.

Twapster You not wrong,also today there is a lot more people in the world who want to buy gold than 40 years ago,and also as you say gold supply is going down.

I just read the following:

" the world's gold mines may be becoming fully tapped. Some experts even believe that all gold mines could become fully tapped within the next 20 years. This could have a dramatic impact on gold and bullion prices as while supply may run out, demand most likely will not.

Gold production appears to have peaked in 2000 and since then new gold production has been declining by 1 million ounces each year." http://www.resourceinvestor.com/2013/11/13/are-gold-supplies-running-out

So take note that while it is a long term investment, and new finds could affect the above- this sort of data indicates that Gold is a very good investment if you have a few years up your sleeve to wait it out.

Latest posts