The hill story one of my own adventures

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The hill climb story :/ last wk me and dad went out bush looking for new mines to explore and map in my book so we took off at around 10am then arrived at about 12pm and had lunch then with a wheel barrow and pick shovel and bags and a detector all in the wheel barrow went strait down a 85 % degress slope verry steep down 500 meters into the valley where the mines wore with a wheel barrow load of gear. Some hours later we got down to the mine i wanted to explore i had been to this mine before so i knew it was a tunnel that had water up to the roof due to a blocked up entrance so i started digging the entrance out had to use the pick for those dam big rocks the water behind it was cool and refreshing as it was 34 deg out side so anyway i got the water level down from the top of the roof to waste hight before it started to get dark with rain clouds and lighting in the distance but i will be going back and geting all the water out before i go in exploreing so we went back up with the wheel barrow and all the gear in it we had a short bit of rope about 3ft long so i tied it to the frount of the wheel barrow because dad couldent push it by him self up such a steep hill so i tied the other end of rope to my waste and pretty much pulled like a hose up the hill at some spots i had to go into 4x4 mode and use all 4s hands and legs cos if i dident i would just be slideing back down or over i did this for 500 dam meters when i got up the top i from climbing the hill could hear my heart beating in my ears that wasent good but i still pushed on another 200 meters to the car along the ridge i wish i took my camra to prove it and to show maybe next time if i can be bothererd doing it again lol so far ive dug out 7 tunnel entrances over about 3 year period and plan to do another 7 next year :)

Great read HTY, yur right pics would have been great. The things we do in search of gold.Sounds like you might need to hire a quad bike next time

Latest posts