Fossil Found

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1418014493_dsc02039.jpg
1418014512_dsc02038.jpg
1418014529_dsc02040.jpg

Australian Found this in the stream bed searching for gold the other day .any ideas if its animal or vegetable appreciated.

I can guess as my knowledge of fossils very limited.

Cheers.

Lucas

Form & function had me thinking fossil, but I just don't know enough about fossils ..speaking of which I have another one in my backpack I found the other day.
fossilized wood the fragrant Japanese Hinoki Cedar maybe a few million years old, growth rings evident on the ends.

1418028460_dsc02041.jpg

1418028477_dsc02042.jpg
1418028493_dsc02043.jpg
1418028508_dsc02044.jpg

Headsup ! the beauty of the forum is More minds & its weird how it works eh, as I eat fish just about every day & did not see a fish fin in it when found, even though found in a river bed.
Which has me now thinking there maybe tons up where I am looking for the elusive Glint of of gold, as there is lots of shale up this way too.
The rare & desirable Chinese Lingbi stone also worth picking up and posting pictures of here, especially IF you find a fossilized Lingbi stone ~!~ very valuable in China Right now.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en...HxH6OMmwWO14GwCQ&ved=0CC8QsAQ&q=Lingbi stones

Lingbi stone with GOLD in it would also be very valuable in china right now, so worth Looking Deeper into Crushing Rocks with Gold in IF they resemble something considered Traditionally Important or sacred or mystical to Chinese ~!~ Turtle , Pine Tree, Praying mantis objects of longevity & Good fortune.
Australian Antiques and collectibles auctions are Trolled by Chinese seeking antiquities and desirable collectibles for the Rich Chinese market.

Nice way of looking at things that they have there Lucas,..sort of like how people find things beach combing and keep stuff that other people just wouldn't understand the why of it,...interesting how those types of free form natural geological art can be worth big money in the right hands when you see it all in the proper context. Thanks for showing us that most interesting bit of information.
lucas22 said:
https://www.google.com/search?hl=en...HxH6OMmwWO14GwCQ&ved=0CC8QsAQ&q=Lingbi stones

Lingbi stone with GOLD in it would also be very valuable in china right now, so worth Looking Deeper into Crushing Rocks with Gold in IF they resemble something considered Traditionally Important or sacred or mystical to Chinese ~!~ Turtle , Pine Tree, Praying mantis objects of longevity & Good fortune.
Australian Antiques and collectibles auctions are Trolled by Chinese seeking antiquities and desirable collectibles for the Rich Chinese market.

Here is one that a friend gave to Mrs Silver,...it's where the layers of beach sand filled in the space left over when a crab decayed over time and then fossilised. only to be retrieved on a beach by our now dearly departed friend (lucky us to have such a memento). so it's not really a crab fossil and has no legs etc, but it is a representation of a crab,..I know this is not quite what you mean though lucas (nice though just the same).
1418084370_sam_6951.jpg

1418084370_sam_6953.jpg

1418084370_sam_6954.jpg

1418084370_sam_6955.jpg

1418084370_sam_6956.jpg

1418084443_sam_6957.jpg

1418084443_sam_6959.jpg

1418084443_sam_6960.jpg

such fossils & the like Lingbi stones with precious metals AU PG etc in them or of Jade or jadeite are highly sort after by wealthy Chinese Today & its another economic option for Australian fossickers Gem collectors Gold Prospectors to consider when collecting.
One has to pay for these hobbies & the further afield you Travel the greater the cost to you & having that Little Bit of extra Knowledge is valuable & worthwhile.
Chinese are paying $160.00 per gram for Jade thats more than gold & some Lingbi stones I have seen sell in China & Hong kong for Hundreds of thousands of dollars.

silver said:

silver said:

that fossil looks like some pancakes i left behind after a beach party back in '69 , did it come from Cottesloe beach mate ?

i have seen some unusual stone formations before that i really should have brought home after looking at Lucas's Lingbi images too

SEQ Headsup,....she got it there somewhere ?
HeadsUp said:
silver said:

that fossil looks like some pancakes i left behind after a beach party back in '69 , did it come from Cottesloe beach mate ?

i have seen some unusual stone formations before that i really should have brought home after looking at Lucas's Lingbi images too

Latest posts