Dithering Heights - a story of two men's struggle with dithering

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watch out Leyland Brothers .. Here comes Ditherer & Son! .. Thanks to you both for truly great and entertaining video, or rather 'Documentary' .. Great narrative too Son, I'm still chuckling over the ducks .. I reckon we should have a yarn about a future doco with the working title of 'Ditherer & Son High-Bank the Last Frontier' .. I bet a D&S roadshow to the Palmer Goldfields Resources Reserve and Maytown could be an award winner .. Ditherer's Son and his Dad would be welcome up here anytime .. And that's an invitation.

Interesting to see what i assume is an example of two cultures having worked the same location .. No doubt the neat and methodically stacked rock wall I saw briefly in one shot there, were of Chinese origin, while the random tailing stacks and rock piles were from the Eropean old timers .. It's a pretty fascinating juxtaposition of technique or approach, ay? .. Some of the Chinese rock walling in and around my lease, not to mention the water races and stone pitched walking trails are still in place and as if they built yesterday, nerely 140 years on!

I have great admiration for the applied skills and tenacity of the poor old 'Celestials' of the Palmer Gold Rush days .. I have to to keep them on side, as there are some 57 of them still laying in their graves at the bottom of my lease, (Revolver Point on the old maps) and two more within about 100 metres from my camp .. My closest neighbours! .. We're all good mates now though ..

Again, great video Dad & Lad, and hope to see you up here for a campfire or two sometime .. You might even get to meet the neighbours.

Best Regards to You Both from The Digger.

I really enjoyed watching this video Mate , very well done ! Thanks for sharing it
:cool: Bill

The vid was fantastic guys. Thanks
keep 'em coming..
[It helps the fever for those of us that cant get out that often... :)
Cheers
Chris

For editing, I have all sorts of fancy schmancy software e.g. Adobe Premiere Pro, but for this stuff I just used windows movie maker as it is quick and easy.

I didn't spend too much time preparing it, and I should have been a bit more careful with the audio levels.

Thanks for all the kind words, however I should warn you all not to laugh at my jokes, my wife and two daughters are very fond of saying that it only encourages me.

Digger, thanks for the offer of the camp up your neck of the woods. It's a bit out of my way, but not beyond possibility one day.

Hi all,

Ditherer and Son, great video :) very entertaining. Keep em coming.

Jim & Kerrie

I have uploaded another video, this time it's about the Ditherer's Miller Table project as well as a segment showing off a drone overflight of the Ophir prospecting area. I love the drone video, and use it as inspiration for when I get sad about not being out prospecting.

[video=480,360]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2r6q7SqNbSs[/video]

Latest posts