how many of you have a 4x4

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got a 94 model hilux 33's 4 inch lift snorkel bullbar winch 2.8 diesel.
Slow up hills being non turbo but love the old girl never let me down yet. :D

Ag Man said:
I got a 60Series Cruiser that I'm working on getting on the road.
Don't need an awefull lot done, just I'm lacking time to do it.
Bushes, seals, paint & exhaust are the main jobs.

Its got standard wide tyres 31.5x10x15?
2" lift, dual batteries & a winch.
Long range petrol tank. UHF

Won't be a serious bush bus but mainly for work & to get to a bit more remote spots with less worry of getting bogged

Haha, well I finally got round to ticking all the jobs of it's to-do list and got the RWC & rego for it today.
It's come up pretty good & drives nice for an old bus.

Couple of things to do to finish it off like bung the roof rack & winch back on & a spare wheel carrier.

1402924700_60.jpg

axeman said:
Well done Ag Man, The 60 series is one tough rig, should get you into and out of most places. Need some recovery just in case.
:) mick

Thanks Mick.
Got the usual - shovel, snatch strap, chain, hi-lift with winching kit, snow chains etc.
Just incase :D

I think they are the best 4wd toyota bought out (60 series), so easy to work on and not as bad rust wise compared to early models. My daughter worked on very remote cattle stations and owned one for 8 years (KEEP IT VERY WELL MAINTAINED) and I felt good knowing the vehicle and her capabilities. They even hold their resale value.

Yep,
An old YN68 Hilux fitted with a Commodore V6 Auto. Not much stops it. LOL
Other one that I have been building to replace it is a 1992 4Runner SR5 5spd Manual. Did not like the V6 so, a Lexus 4.0 V8 is being shoehorned into it.
That I am gonna like. PMSL.

Hi Ag Man, does your rig have a hose running from the t/case to the gear box connected to the filler plugs?
I was told this is pretty much standard as the gasket between the 2 blow and this was the best fix.

Cheers,

Rob

Not long sold our suzuki jimny they make great weekend warrior trucks did go everywhere the cruiser ute did and I mean everywhere! but unfortunately got sick of working on my cars on the off weekend and don't have a 4x4 now just a quad. The 4 big trips each year we do I can just pull a trailer with quad behind the wife's SUV. I can't justify a 4wd to drive to work and back now that I'm not jumping rocks and stumps on the weekends, I have a kia car (mums old bomb) we take it hunting once a month and I have a set of tyre chains if things get sticky.

I have a 1996 Nissan GQ Patrol with a ridiculous roobar. I just had to get it, moving to a country with so much space and so much opportunity for off roading (not to mention, no restrictions on roobars :)); it was on the top of the wish list when we moved here. When I had enough of this one I'll be looking for a troopy from late 70's. But that's for when I've grown up.

1402997845_image.jpg

Nice rig Ag man.
This is my new fossicking wagon and castle puller!
Hope to be heading off once I change the suspension, pack the caravan with tools etc.
And a million other jobs.
Then I'll decided where!

Martin said:
Lambs73 said:
Mitsubishi Triton. I love it.

Probably getting a Triton next year once my current car is paid off. A lot of people knock the look of them... I like the way they look.
I reckon they look alright too. Went in to buy another Navara & ended up getting a Triton.
1403055578_14030527537840.jpg

i reckon your on the money mbasko

I'm a nissan man but the aerodynamics of the triton combined with the 2.5 litre diesel makes your truck one fierce competitor in the fuel efficiency department, think i read around 9.6 lt/ 100km and I know the 3 liter navara has crappy fuel consumption , quoted 9.2 lt/100km most blokes i know are averaging around 16-18lt /100 km. I reckon you made the right choice Hope it treats you well mate and i'd be keen to hear how you go on fuel once shes run in.

Latest posts