Shaker table

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As I have a lot of fines to process,I needed a shaker table so I have been building one,over the last 6 months off and on,so here is the final product.

DXwAguEl.jpg

PQEG0Aul.jpg

4kBiUqnl.jpg

There was a lot of trial and error along the way to make it work,making it run smooth,and the table top was a bit of challenge with grooves and having them right depth and also smooth.

Regards The Digger

Very nice mate. Looks very professional!
Have you a video of it in operation?

Great build mate. Hope your using an earth leakage device ELCB (residual current device RDC) on those leads laying in the wet mud? 8) Just on a side note, how do we post videos? Ive posted pics but dont know how to post videos.

Cracka

Unreal looking piece of gear mate......would be great to see it in action. Posting videos can be tricky. Upload to youtube first then copy the video address into the box when you click on the youtube button.

Easy to do on the forum, youtube can be a pain though.

I will do a video soon,going to buy a camera for that purpose,right at the moment I have other pressing things,like orders that have been put on hold.

Regards The Digger

Nice rig Digger, interested to see/hear how you are able to adjust the slope of the deck and your rail system design.

Joe If you look on the bottom legs you can see there is bolts 1/2 bolts that are adjustable,will picture tonight

regards Frank

Thanks Frank, I've been looking into building one as well. few options on deck slopes and riffle system
1416364852_a1.jpg

1416364852_b1.jpg

1416364852_c1.jpg

1416364852_riff.jpg

Hi Joe
Here is a shot on the adjustment for the legs

olUKk9Rl.jpg

I ran the table on rollers in channel

3rkuEfIl.jpg

One thing that I found was it need to be well braced,if you look you will see the cross piece I had to fit.

I found I had to alter things that I found not working out,lot of suck it and see.
The riffles that I cut go go cross way,and about 1.6mm deep

Regards Frank

Thank you frank, appreciate you sharing your build and lessons learned. How much displacement are you getting out of the arm 1/2 inch?

Hi Joe
The cam gave about 1/2 inch movement.
I think that if I was to make another I would not go for wheels,I would perhaps nylon blocks in channel,less sideway movement,not there is much in mine,but you think about these things,or perhaps 5/8 steel rods sliding through nylon

Regards Frank

Another fine piece of DIY kit, I can't wait to see the demo video. Love this stuff and itching to get busy next winter in the shed.

Great stuff frank one of these is on my "to do" list as soon as I have fininshed my flail hammer mill. It looks to be about the right size to fit in a 6x4 trailer too. Would love to see a video of the heavys walking up the table & the lighter stuff running away.

jethro

Hi Jethro
At the moment trying to get work finished,hoping to go to the west,next month,but in the spring I will do the videos.
Also I have a small jaw crusher for testing that I have nearly completed,to run off a 1.5 hp motor.

Regards Frank

I have used a small Wilfry table in metallurgical labs . You have made a good table . There is one problem , you table , from what I can see it is just going backwards and forwards . A Wilfry table goes back faster than it goes forwards due to the mechanism . This is the action that separates the gold from the black sand . If you p.m. me your e-mail addy , I can send you some info . , if I can find it ....

Latest posts