WA Mapping and Prospecting session - Confirmed

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello Everyone

The training session on the Digital mapping resources available to Prospectors in WA is going ahead. Details below -
initial post and expression of interest here - https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=9029

Location - 57 Sutton Street Mandurah WA
When - Sunday December 7th 2014
Time - 9.30am arrive 09.45am Start - Finish 3.00pm
Max Participants - Approx 10/12
Requirements needed - Laptop, otherwise you can not go through the training in real time. Happy to have you attend
Computer Skill level - Basic

Costs -
$75 per person
All data on a USB drive ready to go and use no restrictions or limits applied. Save it to your desktop etc... Included
Light Lunch - Included
Tea and Coffee - Included
Internet connection on the day - Included
Soft Drinks and Bottled water - Included
Bad sense of humour - Included

Agenda -
09.30am - Arrive, setup internet wifi/usb
09.45am - Basic Geology and Topography
10.00am - Google Earth
11.00am - Geo View
12.00pm - Lunch
12.30pm - Geo Map
02.00pm - Tengraph
02.30pm - Discussion, general camping and questions
03.00pm - Finish

What you will get training on -
- How to overlay Tenements, Live, Pending, and even old areas
- Save Maps and print them, what to look for on topo and geo maps
- Setup a trip and save way points
- How to understand formats and what program can use what
and much, much more.

To take away and use you will get -
Digital copies of all WA maps Topograhical, Geographical and other specific data.
Software programs were applicable
Historical data and stories from the region and world in PDF format relating to Gold Mining
Many other extras, checklists, first aid, survival guides.
Gigabytes of data that would take hours to download, but even longer to find it all.

Fine Print - All of the information given and trained on is freely available on the internet. This course is to help you understand the programs and run them efficiently, so you can have more time prospecting.
This is also not a prospecting course in how to find gold. What this does is gives you the resources to find that special spot yourself.
Hopefully this is of interest and I look forward to seeing you there.

Westaus

Oi Westaus....sounds good.Book us a seat.I'm trying to rouse up some more but its silly season commonly known as christmas.
Cheers, Wheelz.

Thank you everyone I am truly thrilled with the responses and support, but now the pressure is on for me to deliver. Talk the talk, now can I walk the walk :)

I will keep everyone up to date with details and reminders. As usual any questions please let me know.

Westaus

Good day Westaus just joined the forum I am very interested in your mapping training session on 7th December are their any places left to attend the course

Regards

Hi Goldseeka, welcome aboard yes there are some seats available. I will send you an email with further details. Hope you can make it, will be good to catch up with everyone else as well. We have a good mix of attendees from beginners to people actually working in the industry, to retirees should make for a great day.

Thanks again, any questions let me know.

Westaus

goldseeka said:
Good day Westaus just joined the forum I am very interested in your mapping training session on 7th December are their any places left to attend the course

Regards

Hi goldseeka, welcome. Good luck with the course your going on . Hope it helps find the yella.
Jaros
:p :p

Hi DTC do not believe anyone does. Not sure if you want something for the East Coast or in reference to getting details for a trip to WA ?

I will be organizing some webinars in 2015 that will go through the software and how to use it, so keep an eye out.

Hi Westaus
I have recently moved to the Perth area for work. Got a temporary spot in Maida Vale with the caravan. I do FIFO to the mines, usually Port Headland and Newman.
My next FIFO is 02 Dec to 12 Dec, so I can't make this one. Next swing is 08 Jan to 22 Jan 2015.
Are you planning any other training days in 2015? If my roster is agreeable, I would like to attend.
Regards Monty.

Hi Monty welcome to the West, sorry you can't make this round. Certainly all going well several courses will be happening next year. I am not sure if one will be so early in the new year but Feb looks likely. I will keep you posted and thanks for your interest.

Hi Everyone

Just a reminder that the course is this SUNDAY so anyone that is still interested please let me know.

For those attending, please make sure you know where the venue is (57 Sutton Street Mandurah WA) and have my contact number in case anything happens on the day. I will be there around 9.00am setting up.

Really excited and looking forward to meeting you all and getting this up and running. If anyone has any questions at all please let me know.

Thanks again for all your interest and questions. 8)

Westaus

Hi Westaus

You know that I can't be there this Sunday due to work committments, but I do have a question:-

Is the information suitable for Mac? I use a Macbook Air for my laptop and can use most applications,
but there are some that is still not compatible for me.

Cheers Monty

Monty said:
Hi Westaus

You know that I can't be there this Sunday due to work committments, but I do have a question:-

Is the information suitable for Mac? I use a Macbook Air for my laptop and can use most applications,
but there are some that is still not compatible for me.

Cheers Monty

Good question Monty, I would need to look into this a bit more. However most are web based applications, just depends on the base programs being used. I will let you know. I will see what it says on their respective sites. I do think some would be a problem. It is just Murphy's law it will !

Hi Fellow Prospectors

Just wanted to let everyone know I held my first training session today and I believe it was a success. I want to thank those that attended and thank you for your participation, I know you are all probably doing a lot of homework now :)

We covered mostly Geo Map and a lot of simple tricks that make using this software a lot easier. Loading maps, sorting tenements, old data, minedex data and a lot more. Went over Google Earth and tenements mainly. Then a small session on Geo View and the interaction of this software. We ran out of time for Tengraph but I think everyone was pretty eager to get home and start looking at some past spots of interest.

Moving forward I believe a smaller session covering Geo Map, with small intro to Google Earth and Geo View would be sufficient. I believe an after noon session would be better suited. Say 1-4pm as example. I can do this cheaper as I don't have to do lunch as well. Which was hard to cater for, but damn tasty I thought :)

I will put up an EOI for a North of the river and a South of the river session for the new year. So if you feel it is something you want to come along to then put your name down for sure.

Hopefully the attendees felt it was good value and they had a good day as well.

Thanks again for all your support.

Westaus

Monty, nanjim is going to run some programs on Mac/Apple software. I know we could run some, but we had a problem with Silverlight running on the system. So it would need to be a compatible version to work. Which I doubt as it is a Windows program :(

Google Earth - Yes
Geo Map - Yes ?
Geo View - No ?
Tengraph - Untested

May need to do some looking around - http://www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight/Get-Started/Install/Default.aspx

If anyone can provide updates on this process would be appreciated as well.

Thanks

Westaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts